“Worst hotel experience of our lives! No heat.”

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We checked in around midnight to our first room. It was frigid, so we turned the heat up and started to settle in. Found a shirt crumpled in the corner (did not belong to us...), hair and red spots on sheets, cigarette burn hole in the sheets. Dead bugs in corners.
We changed to a different room bc of the filth. The second room was also frigid so we turned the heat up. The sheets appeared cleaner, but there was only a sheet and very thin blanket on the beds. Bugs in the corners. Suspicious red stain on bathroom floor. Water stains and paint peeling on the ceiling. It was 1am by that point so we went to bed. The heater blew cold air for an hour, never getting warm. We turned it off completely and slept in many layers with hats and socks, huddling together for warmth. After one of the worst night's sleep of our lives, we got up and got ready to leave. There was hair found in the shower that wasn't from us. The shower got hot but temperature varied wildly.
It was so horrible that we went to the front desk and asked about getting out of our reservation for the next night. The lady at the front desk was absolutely unhelpful and there was no manager available to help us.
We went back to talk to the manager and they had our refund for the next night waiting for us. That is the only good thing that happened out of the experience.
Do not give this place your business. I will be reporting to the Better Business Bureau. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank KHEnglishTeacher
There are newer reviews for Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Worst hotel I've ever stepped into. Came down to Morgantown from Pittsburgh for a WVU game and booked this place last minute. The people at the front desk were very nice, but we were disgusted when we took one step into the room. Broken fixtures, stains everywhere, and a mildew and grime ridden bathroom. Stayed for a whole 20 minutes before we decided to just drive back to Pittsburgh right then and there. Didn't check out. Didn't let the front desk know. Just left the keys in the room and got out of there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank wheels0207
Reviewed 14 October 2012

i stayed here for about a month and during that month they kicked me out twice because some one else had made reservations so i had to pack my stuff up and look for another hotel came back paid for another week while my stay they shut power off my food got spoiled they did not want to remeburse me they did not want to remeburse me for my four days that they owe me for kicking me out they are disrespectful and dont care about you there outlets in some rooms dont work the television sets dont work good

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank michael a
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We were evicted from the hotel for bringing the following items to the manager's attention.

Bug infestation
• Unsanitary conditions and health hazards
• Structural and code violations
• Intimidation tactics

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgeC1031
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Awful hotel. The room smelled musty and the hardwood floors were filthy. No sheets for the sleeper sofa, pillows were terrible and bathroom floor and shower head were dirty. Had to sign in for breakfast. My son did so and then tried to take a muffin back to the room and the breakfast attendant told him he couldn't take it out. Ridiculous. Will be back in Morgantown again next weekend and will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nodakker1984
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This place was absolutely horrible. I guess you get what you pay for. My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night while passing through. I booked this hotel online as it looked like a decent place to stay. Boy, were we wrong! Here is what happened:

1. The hotel staff was friendly, but that did not make up for the disgusting rooms. The first room we stayed in had stink bugs crawling all over the ceiling above the bed.

2. The faucets did not work properly and the shower (I took a shower before we saw the bugs) didn't drain. When we told the staff we'd like a different room, they said "not to diminish your concern, but all of our rooms have bug issues".

3. We were put into another room, which thankfully had no bugs, but wreaked of cigarette smoke. As a pregnant woman already allergic to smoke, I was less than thrilled.

4. Parking was a pain as there was construction all around.

Instead of sleeping in and enjoying our night, my husband and I decided to get the minimum amount of rest and then booked it out of there the following morning. Never, ever stay here!

Room Tip: No rooms are good. Pay just a bit more and stay somewhere else instead.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa v
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just staying in the hotel this past weekend. My first thought when I opened the door to my room was 'this is something out of a horror film'. I seriously have no idea where to start. The sheets were stained, and the floors were dirty. The bathroom was probably the worst part. Between the 4 of us that stayed in the room, the 2 females refused to use the restroom, and all 4 of us refused to use the shower. The floors in the bathroom were scummy, so if you are going to use the restroom, make sure to at least wear sandals. The highlight was the cockroach that kept watch of us on the top of the wall. On a positive note at least I now have an idea of what being in a jail cell must be like.

Room Tip: Go out to the parking lot. Get into your car. Turn it on. Leave.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends