“Great Free breakfast and Nice Clean Room for the Price”

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Newark, New Jersey
“Great Free breakfast and Nice Clean Room for the Price”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I see lot of -ve reviews but, I was happy to see the renovated rooms with LCD TV and new furniture. I would suggest the management to pay attention in details to attract more visitors. Great location; near to the campus.

Room Tip: Building C front
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. Your valuable input helps to improve the quality of service we offer to our dear guests. It is very pleasant to know that you appreciated our refreshing breakfast choices, comfortable rooms and amenities as well the recent changes we made to ensure that you’ll have a worthwhile experience. It was a pleasure to serve you, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed my experience. Walking distance to the Coliseum for basketball games. The Hotel itself is a little old but my room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Mostly its a great value with great location to the highway, which made getting out of town and beating the traffic easy!

1 Thank Fahad256
We sincerely thank you for sharing with us the details of your recent visit at our Hotel. It is very delightful to hear that you’ve enjoyed your entire stay- our room and staff service as well as our convenient location. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to another chance to serve you much better in the future.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel. The previous reviews had me nervous before I arrived but the rate was great, so I figured I would try it out. The property is definitely dated and the sheets and blankets look dull and worn. The internet signal was very weak which made working from my room difficult. However there were a few things that made up for what was lacking. The front desk staff were all great. The new female manager(can't remember how to spell her name?)checked me in and out and was very helpful with area info and made me feel comfortable. The breakfast was very good as well. I did not have time to use the gym but I did notice that they have an outdoor pool. My daughter is a freshman at WVU and we will be visiting often during the next three years. We will definitely be back and will let our friends know that if they are looking for a comfortable and affordable place, they should stay here. I hope that they fix the little things though like the sheets and internet but overall, I was pleased with my stay.

1 Thank wvuguy11
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify what we are doing right and what we need to improve more. We are pleased to know that you satisfied with our staff service, breakfast selection as well as the comfort our hotels offers at a great value. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2014

i checked in on mar 6 2014 and stayed over the weekend. friendly staff and very comfortable beds. the girl at the front desk was friendly and extremely polite. the rooms were clean. the heating was up to the mark and so were all the essentials in the bathroom. the only thing that maybe requires a little more attention from the staff is the floor. but all in all a good value for money and extremely conveniently located with nice eateries nearby. A good experience that deserves a repeat !

Room Tip: try to take rooms on the first level
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear V M,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback following your most recent stay at our Hotel. Your insight determines the quality of service we have provided during your visit. Our staff would like to thank you for acknowledging their efforts in ensuring that our room and amenities are clean and refreshing. Rest assured that your comment regarding floors will be handled accordingly as we aim to ensure that next stay will be more fulfilling and satisfying for the great value we offer. It has been our pleasure serving you, thank you.
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I often do business in Morgantown, when in town I prefer more upscale lodging. I have now stayed in this hotel twice after the first time I did not expect to come back. Do to circumstance I had to stay at this hotel for the second time. my stay was dramatically different from what I experienced the very first time. The customer service was superb, the manager Sunnam was very friendly and polite. there was a definite difference in the standard that was previously held in this establishment. The rooms were pleasantly better kept as well. the only complaint I have is that the internet connection was eradic at best. This possibly could be because of the ongoing improvements being made on the property. The internet aside this last stay was an excellent stay. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

P.S. breakfast was good as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMHotelM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear L G,

We sincerely appreciate that you acknowledged our efforts to improve the standard of quality services we offer to our guests. Your comments and input encourages us to constantly look for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests. We are happy to know that our staff services, rooms and facilities as well as our healthy breakfast choices exceeded your expectations. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future.
Alderson, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I travel a lot. I stay in a lot of hotels-some nicer than others, mamny of which might be considered "budget.". This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a bad review. Upon checking in to the Hotel Morgantown And Conference Center, we found our funny smelling, slightly dingy room cold (about 50 degrees). No big deal. We turned on the heat and waited, but got nothing but cold air. I called the front desk and the very nice girl there said that happens sometimes so she would give us a complimentary upgrade to a king room. It turned out to be a smoking room. The heat worked, but it had a terrible odor that stuck to our hair, clothes, and coats. The room came equipped with a stained, sagging, downright gross couch that looked like it had been hauled in from a curb. The floor was sticky. There was one clean towel, and one obviously dirty towel on the rack. No toilet paper. Grime in the tub that looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. Dirty toilet. Hair in the tub, hair in the sink. When we turned down the very nicely made bed, we found hair on the pillows and sheets. They were obviously not clean. It's place gave me creepy crawlies that won't be gone until I get home & wash everything i had with me in that room. The girl at the front desk was apologetic and friendly, but she was the only person working there that late at night and didn't have any real solutions for us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cym576
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Cym576,

We are deeply saddened to hear that your experience during you stay was very uncomfortable. We sincerely apologize for our shortcomings. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. Please be assured that your input regarding the cleanliness and upkeep of our accommodations and facilities will addressed accordingly. We sincerely hope for another chance to make things right should you decide to visit us again in the future.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here doing mountainfest 2013, the room was nasty, smelled of cigs, for a non smoking room. The drapes were falling from the rod, lady bugs all over ceiling, lamps with no bulbs, water no floor where they turned the refrigerator off. If you took you socks off and walked through the room, into the tub which looked like it had never been cleaned, (black mold on shower curtain and tub walls), you would leave black foot print in the tub. The floor was the worst I have ever seen in all my years, off staying at motels. They raised their rate, double saying is was an event weekend. The staff didn't care about your problems, just don't bother us. We will never stay their again. Don't be fooled by the nice pics, that's not what you will get.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank carol b
Dear carol b,

Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. We are sorry to hear that your stay for Mountain Fest 2013 with friends was not able to meet up with your expectations. The comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms- drapes, cigarette smell in non-smoking room, tub and shower curtains, most especially the floors will be immediately attended and handled accordingly. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.