Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
US$209
US$157
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$125
US$121
US$116
Fairfield Inn
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2007

Let me start by saying when we first walked in the room there was a musty/moldy smell, and after looking around the room, I found that there were alot of dust bunnies behind the furniture, there was alot of imbeded dirt around the light switches, stains on the carpet, white paint spots all over the walls (probably trying to cover up dirt on the walls) rust or somekind of permenant stain around the tub drain, no wastebasket in the bathroom, and I could go on, but we were very tired and had been driving for many hours, so I turned down the bed and thank-goodness the beds were actually clean! the mattress seemed new and the linens were clean, so we flopped down to watch some tv and the remote did'nt work! so we called the front desk on the phone that kept telling us that we had a message (but there was none, the light just kept flashing!) they sent someone to our room to look into it after about 20 min. or so, and he finaly fixed the problem (we aperently did'nt have a cable box or something) so after he left we flopped down again and got a whole 13 stations! what a waste of time, after we finally went to bed, we were awoken by air-raid sirens!! can you imagine!!! I'll never see that 80 bucks again! and I'll never-ever stay at this scary-dump again!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sweettrip4
Reviewed 5 February 2007

If you are traveling to or through Morgantown, West Virginia, I beg you to avoid room 357 at the local Quality Inn & Suites.

Some of the more notably foul features of this property (taken from angry notes scribbled on the back of a manila envelope that I just today, while getting rid of old paperwork, rediscovered):

1. The bed. Its was very lumpy. Not only with the normal blobs you find in a crappy old mattress but with high, stiff, uneven, more-or less vertical ridges running the length of the bed. These ridges sorta coalesced & solidified near the bottom of the bed so the effect was that of your feet being higher that your head. We tried every possible configuration and yet had a completely sleepless night until we gave up and went to the floor (its filth problematic unto itself, but not extraordinary for the class of room).

2. Pillows that can only be described as a pair of starving Quasimodos. One's own arms provide infinitely more comfort.

3. A broken television. We were traveling through some fierce thunderstorms which is why we made this unplanned stop; it would have been nice to see a forecast.

4. Paper-thin walls which leaked the nonstop nattering of our neighbor's TV. Alas, he was not watching the Weather Channel.

I honestly believe that we would have had a better night's sleep if we had pulled off at a rest stop and put the seats back. Please stay away from this dump.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank spyderbarque
Reviewed 19 September 2005

The reviews here are very mixed and from my many experiences at this hotel the difference is the building you stay in. The hotel is comprised of several buildings and they are of various ages. When booking, either book a suite or specifically request one of the newer buildings. Have a great time!

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank Suzi T
Reviewed 27 July 2005

I recommend not staying at this place!! I actually wanted to leave but my husband was tired so we stayed. We got a suite because we have children, which consists of two rooms (very small) with a king sized bed in one and a pull out sofa in the other. The first thing is that the place was very dirty, there was trash on the floor and the sofa was just a piece of crap. There was only ONE TV in the room with the sofa, which only big enough for two people to sit on so we didn't even watch TV!! The bathroom was just dirty looking. I guess from reading the other reviews maybe they remodled some rooms and not others because our room was just nasty and old. The swimming pool looked very dangerous because you couldn't even see the bottom it was so cloudy. My 14 year old and 11 year old were swimming in the deep end and they brought up five beer cans from the bottom of the pool!! Who knows what else is down there, you cant see the bottom!! Other than all of that gross stuff I will say that the staff was very kind and courteous and I hope that they remodel very soon. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank Red2770
Reviewed 8 July 2005

I would stay at this Quality Inn again. The room was clean and very comfortable. It appeared to be recently remodeled with new furniture and mattresses. Even though our room faced the street it was quiet. The free breakfast had the standard muffins, cereal etc.. but also a waffle iron to prepare your own waffle with hot syrup. The staff was very friendly and went out their way to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business