“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Michigan
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We just returned from a great 4 night stay at the Waterfront Place Hotel. The hotel and amenities are excellent. The staff we met were very professional, well-trained and were a pleasure to meet. We enjoyed our time spent at the Regatta restaurant. Two employees made our visit special - Rob who bartends in the evenings and Joe H., our server each morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for the polite comments regarding our hotel and staff. I will pass along your kind words to Joe, Rob and our entire team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you during future visits to Morgantown.

All the Best,
Marketing Specialist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is attached to the WVU Visitor Center and overnight self parking is $6 in the garage attached to the building across the street. When inside the garage, it's a little confusing, because the signs direct you to the office building, which isn't open in the evening. The hotel itself is very nice and I would have rated it higher if I hadn't needed to ask for some meeting room adjustments (it wasn't set to our usual diagram and we've worked with this hotel before). Everyone was pleasant and helpful and a quick response was provided when I asked for some changes.

Room Tip: To get there: From N or South on I-79: Merge onto I-68 East toward CUMBERLAND Take the US-119 exit...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the meeting room issues you encountered; however, I am pleased to hear our staff promptly made the necessary adjustments. Again, thank for taking the time to review your experience, and we hope to see you in the future.

All the best,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My family had reservations to stay here for the second time. After driving 7 hours and finally arriving, we were told at check in that they were booked. We had our reservation confirmation and we were told there was nothing they could do. The woman supervisor was very cold and didn't seem to care at all.
We then were approached by a male supervisor, John, who had helped valet our car. He asked why we were leaving and we explained what happened. He then got our car and told us to wait for a minute. He returned with a gift certificate for a complimentary night stay. Thanks to John I might return. I am just very disappointed in the woman supervisor that couldn't care less.
Thank goodness we were able to find other accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, please accept my apologies as we were over committed that evening. Due to our over commitment, reservations were made for you at a neighboring hotel. I commend John for the manner in which he handled the situation.

We value and appreciate you as a guest, and we are hopeful that you will allow us another chance to win back your confidence.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was a great hotel. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. My room had a great view of the river, and I was able to walk straight out of the hotel and run on the trail. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review regarding our hotel. We look forward to your return visit to the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel had very high ratings on TripAdvisor and we now know why. The room was excellent, the service excellent, the facilities excellent, the staff very genial and polite (top notch). We arrived here on Sept 23, Monday evening. With a nice drive in from the interstate it was great to pull into the well marked driveway for the valet parking. The new looking facilities were worthy of some pictures for my architect friends. The lobby and restaurant areas were very nicely done and well thought out. I can imagine that a busy football weekend may get quite busy but it was pretty tame on a Monday night. Since we were just quickly passing through with minimal time to spend in town we had opted for one of the hotel packages Their Do Not Disturb package worked out very well as it included dinner at the hotel and breakfast. The food was very good, with excellent desserts too. A longer stay would definitely be nice so that we could explore the town further. With a short time window we also did not get to use the pool or hot tub, though I had been looking forward to a good swim. The hotel, the rooms, the restrooms, etc were very clean too.

The location is right on the river and across from the Morgantown lock. Our room had a great view. Unfortunately we saw no ships transiting but the local college girls rowing team did oblige with four shells and crew boat out in the morning mist. They worked out for a good while. The walking path along the river was also nice as was a good look at the tam and locks. We look forward to anothe visit here sometime soon.

One small glitch on going to our room. I never looked up as we went to the elevators. There are two banks, with the upper floors being private. The lower floor elevators for the hotel guests are on the left, and are obvous when you read the rather obvious signage. OOps!

Room Tip: Riverview was a plus for us, and the fifth floor was quiet during our stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for the wonderful words regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear the “Do Not Disturb” package worked well for you, and I am also happy you were able to enjoy time on the rail trail. We hope to see you again soon at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've spending a lot of time in this hotel recently and I all I can say is that the hotel, the accommodations and staff are great. Megan, who was training behind the desk during my first trip (I've been there three times in three weeks) took great care in making sure I was settled. The valets were prompt and courteous. Both the bar and restaurant have excellent food and service. Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your excellent comments regarding your stays at the Waterfront Place Hotel. I will make sure Megan and the staff receives your compliments. Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit to the hotel.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the WPH on a number of weekends for WVU football games. It is convenient and has a good restaurant and two nice bars. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are not spectacular (could use some updating) but are still very nice and clean.

One criticism is the hotel seems to have used its success to push its prices to the limit and beyond. The prices for football weekends have gone up each year and have now reached the point where Fri and Sat night rates are three times the hotel's regular rate. This would be high anywhere but is particularly so in WV. I am staying there two more weekends this year but if their trend continues I will consider other options (they are becoming available rapidly in Morgantown) in the future. WPH is a great place but $469 plus tax per night is more like a NYC price - I travel quite a bit and am familiar with the prices in upscale hotel chains (My wife and I recently stayed in a suite at the Ritz Carlton outside Dublin, Ireland and also spent a week over New Years at a very nice boutique hotel in NYC - both for about the same price).

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
We greatly appreciate your kind remarks regarding your stays with us at the Waterfront Place Hotel. Your patronage is important to us and we look forward to making your future stays as enjoyable as your previous stays.