“Nice location”

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the Waterfront Place Hotel last weekend and it was fine. The staff at the front desk and the valet station were very friendly. The best thing about it is the location on the river with the adjacent walkway , great for a late afternoon or early am walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Liz P.,
We sincerely appreciate your kind remarks regarding the front desk and valet staff, and our location along the Monongahela River and rail trail. We hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Toni Howard was especially kind and helpful on Saturday, June 28. She went beyond the call of duty to help me. Toni is an asset to her hotel, and should be commended for her excellent service.

Linda Sega
Hotel guest 6/27, Room 603
lcsega1@verizon.net

Room Tip: Over looking the river was very pleasant.

Linda S.,
Thank you for your excellent comments in regards to Toni Howard and her excellent service. I will be sure to pass along your review to Toni and the entire team, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband, my son and I stayed overnight in a river view room. Our room was very nice. The staff couldn't have been nicer. We had dinner in the lobby restaurant and we all enjoyed our meal and thought it was a good value. We will definitely be staying here again!

Heidi O.,
Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent experience at Waterfront Place Hotel. We truly value your kind words, and we hope to make your future stay just as enjoyable as your recent stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Was here for 3 days. The food they provided was bland and was similar to wedding food. A lot of it you could tell was just heated up frozen items. When you asked for some mayonaise the waiter would tell you they'd be right back never to return. Room were large, clean and spacious but that all went down the drain when I took my luke warm shower. Then to be the final straw they charge yoi 6 dollars per day to park your car. This Morgantown WV not downtown Pittsburgh. Looks to me like they are trying to be a big city hotel in a small town. Not a good fit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my sincerest apologies for the substandard accommodations and service levels during your recent stay. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences you encountered.

These experiences are not representative of our standard services levels, and they will be investigated promptly. I am hopeful you will grant us a second opportunity to earn back your confidence. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please call us at 304-581-2806.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I checked late in the afternoon on Friday, dropped our bags in the room then went out for dinner and a movie. When we returned as my daughter was getting into bed, she found crumbs and stains when she turned the sheets down. Housekeeping came up and changed her sheets, I told Jim mine appear fine, but he said I'm going to change those as well. Clean sheets and pillow cases all around. When we checked out the next morning, I mentioned it to the women who was helping us and she said, "yes we know, we told the housekeeping manager." The next thing she said was, "there are some incidental charges, do you want them on you credit card?" I was expecting to hear, "we're sorry for your unpleasant experience and we apologize, I hope the situation was corrected to your satisfaction. This is not something that should ever happen." I'm retired and traveled extensively during my career and can understand how something like this can happen. But good hotels have staff that know how to handle situations like these, at the WP, housekeeping gets it, the front desk staff doesn't have a clue. You want guest to leave with a good impression, not wondering what else wasn't clean and does the hotel really care.

Stayed: June 2014
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Herve B.,
On behalf of the hotel, please accept my sincerest apologies for the cleanliness issues you found when turning down your linens. While I am pleased to hear Jim, a member of our Housekeeping staff, handled the situation thoroughly, you should have received an apology from our Front Desk staff, too. This matter will be properly addressed with our entire team.

Again, I apologize for these issues, and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your confidence back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I will soon be relocating to Morgantown, WV. We stayed in a king room on the seventh floor. The views are amazing, the staff is well mannered and professional. Valet parking is a welcome convenience, and the bell service staff is prompt and courteous. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone seeking a full service luxury hotel in the Morgantown area.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room on a higher floor for better views and large comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ryan A, Sales Manager at Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We sincerely appreciate your excellent comments, and we look forward to seeing you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.