“A Nice Surprise”

Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 4 November 2006

We stayed here on spur-of-the-moment while traveling and had a good experience. The staff upgraded us to a corner room with a view of the river -- tell 'em you're new in town. The pool was also nicely uncrowded. The bar service was a bit spotty, but otherwise we were happy with the accomodations.

Stayed: April 2006

Reviewed 26 October 2006

This is a great place to stay (with a few caveats that are things I don't mind but other people might)-

The good- The rooms are huge and well appointed, very nicely set up, clean and nice for business travel.
the not so good- the walls are pretty thin and you can really hear your neighbor.

The good- I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, they are younger college students mostly.
The not so good- valet parking costs 8 dollars and they don't tell you that up front. The issue is that you can't park anywhere to check in unless you put the car in the parking garage a bit further than most folks want to lug their baggage.

Additionaly the food at the restaurants was excellent and the fitness center was well equipped. All in all, I'd make this the place to stay if I come to Morgantown again, and definately do it in October because the leaves and the fall scenery are lovely.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank telie13
Reviewed 27 August 2006

The hotel is beautiful. The room was nice. However, for some reason, the front desk staff have an attitude problem and think that they are above everyone (coming from an attorney who does not believe she is above anyone). They believe that they are of some allmighty ilk of which the rest of us only wish to achieve. As I was traveling on my honeymoon, I was wearing shorts and a tank top, not my usual business clothes. Had I been dressed more formally, perhaps the staff would have treated my differently, but the staff shouldn't discriminate. I felt like a third class citizen. We arrived late and were hungry. I wouldn't have even imagined dining in either establishment, based on the looks we were getting (not wearing khakis and polo shirts). I have stayed at some very nice five star hotels in my day and never received treatment like this regardless of my dress. Overall, the hotel is nice, the staff and people who frequent it (stuck up local residents on a Friday night) ruin it.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tommylvr
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 April 2006

Since my daughter attends WVU, we frequently travel to Morgantown for quick weekend get-aways. We have never had a bad experience at the Radisson. I have stayed in single rooms with King Size beds to one of their suites and have never been disappointed. I would highly recommend this to travelers who want the luxury of a top hotel and excellent customer service.

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed 31 January 2006

We stayed at the Radison for a recent tour of the WVU campus. Can not beat the location if you are going on the campus tour. Entrance of hotel is less than 40 feet from entrance of visitor center where you start the tour.

I agree with many of the posters. The Radisson is a very nice hotel. People are very friendly and want to assist you. Valets were great. Room was overall pretty clean. Pool/hottub and fitness room were very very nice. We went in the middle of January but if you are visiting when it is warmer the pool area has a balcony with chairs/tables, loungers that overlooks the River. That is very nice.

Some observations that some other posters have also mentioned. 1. If you get a room on the street side it is noisy. Not so bad that I could't sleep but I was awoken by the trucks a few times. Ask for a water side room and you won't have a problem. 2. The restaurant is pricy. Overpriced in my opinion. We don't usually spend $45.00 for breakfast for 4 people and we too drank water - no coffee, juice, or milk and the bill was still $39.00 plus tip. 3. The large web site for directions has these directions wrong. Hotel stated they have contacted them several times trying to get them to change but they refuse. Call the hotel and save yourself a hassle. We were in the middle of no where. Took over 45 minutes to find our way back. 4. Pay the extra $2.00 and valet park ($8.00 a day valet, $6.00 park yourself.) It was worth it. If you valet park you have in and out privlidges, parking yourself you do not. Overall a very nice trip and if our child picks WVU we would not hesitate to stay at the Radisson again.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank justcallmemom
Reviewed 17 November 2005

We always have a wonderful stay at the Radisson. The location is great, the food in the restaurant is very good, and the rooms are very large and very clean.

I do think they charge way too much for a football weekend, but that is my only complaint.

• Stayed: November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 November 2005

I was booked at this hotel by my client who invited me to speak to 100 Speech Patholigists for the WVSHA convention.
The location is quite easy to find and the facility itself is lovely. I am a very light sleeper and a Hilton Honors Gold ( where my preferences are specified in my account).
When I checked in I noticed that my room was facing the highway where trucks were traveling from the mountain side. I asked for a different room and was told that was not possible and that I would not hear noise on the 9th floor. My bellman assured me that my room was high enough not to hear any noise. When we arrived in the room the truck noise was prevalant and he told me,"well maybe they can find another room". I was already told there were none available. This is not the YES I CAN spirit that Radisson portrays.
I had previously called and asked for a VERY quiet room but this was not noted anywhere.
On the bright side, the room was large and up to date and the restaurant was very good both in food and service. Definitely a meal to enjoy.
Ask to stay on the river side if you are a light sleeper. I would stay here again but only if my room was specified.

Stayed: November 2005