“Tasty southern delight”

Ranked #14 of 289 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened less than a year ago in the former Urban Eats location in downtown Morgantown. Excellent chicken. My friend and I just tried it last week. Unique reciepes and combination sandwiches.
“Tasty southern delight”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I am a southern girl with high standards for fried chicken! I was not disappointed. The chicken was moist and the batter was so yummy. My son has multiple food allergies and the cook came out to discuss our options. The biscuits and gravy were awesome! My husband ordered a sandwich that had everything which included two kinds of gravy!

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
“Great place for lunch!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I finally tried the Dirty Bird today. I have to say with the title of the restaurant and the location on High Street, I had been skeptical at first until I started hearing great things. I had looked up the menu, and it looked great. My parents love fried chicken so we ate lunch there today. We had a great experience. It's a cute small restaurant with a friendly owner who was working. The sandwiches are huge and are all wonderful. I had the Vera Cruz which I highly recommend. My parents had the philly cheesesteak and chicken cheesesteak; both were great. My father commented that he preferred the cheesesteak to the steak hoagie he had at Oliverio's yesterday.

I love fried chicken, biscuits, and macaroni and cheese. I did grow up with southern cooking; however, most days, I try to eat healthy. I would like to see the restaurant add a healthier portion to the menu as well, such as a grilled chicken option or 1/2 size sandwiches.

I also appreciate that they embrace Morgantown's diverse culture. They had a menu available in Arabic for their customer population! Thanks, Dirty Bird! I will be back and hopefully, eat a little healthier next time. I have already made recommendations to my coworkers to add another lunch option. :)

• Visited September 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
“Mac and cheese is to die for!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Their food is amazing. They have the best Mac in cheese I have ever eaten and their fried chicken is amazing as well. The hours make it difficult to visit however.

Dover, Ohio
“Yummy chicken!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Best fried chicken and sandwiches! Good for a quick lunch. Service was very good. Dipping sauces for chicken not all that great, but everything else was good.

1 Thank lowercasepatty
Kentucky
“worth leaving the highway”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My daughter and I like to eat at restaurants that get good reviews on TripAdviosr or are on Food Network. So we took the 5 mile trip from I 68 and it was worth it. Chicken was fresh and well prepared. Cole slaw was also good. My daughter had the chicken wings and she liked them, which is a plus for this picky-eater.

1 Thank mrbenefits