“Great meal!”

The Dirty Bird
Ranked #22 of 301 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Description: Opened less than a year ago in the former Urban Eats location in downtown Morgantown. Excellent chicken. My friend and I just tried it last week. Unique reciepes and combination sandwiches.
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Visited The Dirty Bird while in town for a show at the Metropolitan Theater. The food was amazing. We had the chicken and biscuits, mac and cheese and garlic green beans. Everything we ate was delicious. The chicken was very juicy and the biscuits were soft and flaky. The mac and cheese was very creamy. The garlic green beans were also awesome. The portions were generous and we were stuffed when we left. We will definitely visit here again when in Morgantown.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I am a southern girl with high standards for fried chicken! I was not disappointed. The chicken was moist and the batter was so yummy. My son has multiple food allergies and the cook came out to discuss our options. The biscuits and gravy were awesome! My husband ordered a sandwich that had everything which included two kinds of gravy!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I finally tried the Dirty Bird today. I have to say with the title of the restaurant and the location on High Street, I had been skeptical at first until I started hearing great things. I had looked up the menu, and it looked great. My parents love fried chicken so we ate lunch there today. We had a great experience. It's a cute small restaurant with a friendly owner who was working. The sandwiches are huge and are all wonderful. I had the Vera Cruz which I highly recommend. My parents had the philly cheesesteak and chicken cheesesteak; both were great. My father commented that he preferred the cheesesteak to the steak hoagie he had at Oliverio's yesterday.

I love fried chicken, biscuits, and macaroni and cheese. I did grow up with southern cooking; however, most days, I try to eat healthy. I would like to see the restaurant add a healthier portion to the menu as well, such as a grilled chicken option or 1/2 size sandwiches.

I also appreciate that they embrace Morgantown's diverse culture. They had a menu available in Arabic for their customer population! Thanks, Dirty Bird! I will be back and hopefully, eat a little healthier next time. I have already made recommendations to my coworkers to add another lunch option. :)

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Their food is amazing. They have the best Mac in cheese I have ever eaten and their fried chicken is amazing as well. The hours make it difficult to visit however.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Best fried chicken and sandwiches! Good for a quick lunch. Service was very good. Dipping sauces for chicken not all that great, but everything else was good.

1  Thank lowercasepatty