“Best fried chicken!”

Ranked #14 of 289 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened less than a year ago in the former Urban Eats location in downtown Morgantown. Excellent chicken. My friend and I just tried it last week. Unique reciepes and combination sandwiches.
Pa. USA
“Best fried chicken!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Right on High St., sooo good, and the mac n cheese...!!! Big portions, friendly workers too. Free refills for soda, casual place, loved it!

Visited January 2014

• Arabic first
Madison
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Food, Super People”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stopped on our way from VA to southern IN. It was more than worth the few minutes it took to get off the interstate and in to town. Even if the food wasn't great, the staff would more than make up for it. The best part is that the food was a knock out. Cole slaw and garlic green beans were flavorful and crisp. No matter what else you order, get a side of each. I don't think it matters what kind of sandwich you order, it will be good. There is just nothing bad to say about this place. It is not fancy, but it is one super place to eat. We liked it also because there were both ties and sweatshirts - an indication of the comfortable atmosphere in the place.

• Visited November 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Wholesome goodness”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Excellent place to eat. Sandwiches are huge and easily shared with another. Mac and cheese excellent.

• Visited November 2013
Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Georgia Reuben”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I found The Dirty Bird while traveling in the Morgantown, WV, area and had THE BEST turkey reuben sandwich I have ever had, and if a turkey reuben sandwich is on the menu, I try them whenever and wherever I go. The thing was huge, tasted out of this world, and I want the secret recipe! The young lady who helped me with my order was especially thoughtful, refilling my drink, and wrapping up the last bit of sandwich I just could not finish (much as I wanted to), so I could take my leftovers with me to enjoy later. Overall very nice experience. Good spot as well for watching street activity. Thanks, Dirty Bird!

• Visited October 2013
West Virginia
“Great meal!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Visited The Dirty Bird while in town for a show at the Metropolitan Theater. The food was amazing. We had the chicken and biscuits, mac and cheese and garlic green beans. Everything we ate was delicious. The chicken was very juicy and the biscuits were soft and flaky. The mac and cheese was very creamy. The garlic green beans were also awesome. The portions were generous and we were stuffed when we left. We will definitely visit here again when in Morgantown.

• Visited September 2013