SpringHill Suites Morgantown
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
US$94
US$137
US$133
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsspring hillfull scalefront deskfast food restaurantswafflesnice hotelone night staysitting roompool and hot tubthe breakfast areasmall refrigeratorking bedstores and restaurantswould stay againroom was spotlesscell phonewest virginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We were in town for a WVU football game. As this was a last minute trip we were lucky to find a room anywhere at all. The front desk staff was very nice and professional. The Lobby, Elevator, Hallway and the Room were all very clean and well kept. I was really impressed with the comfort of the bed! The shower was probably one of the best that I have ever had at a hotel! I will definatley be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We arrived in Morgantown with no advance reservations and it seemed that all the hotels we tried were full except the SpringHill Suites. Once we arrived and checked in with the very professional and friendly desk people, I wondered why this hotel wasn't full too! But for us, it was great because we got a very large room that was clean and inviting. The room featured a small "kitchen" area with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee-maker, along with a coffee and tea assortment. The wi-fi was dependable, if not lightning fast. There was adequate hot water and water pressure in the shower. The breakfast area was clean and uncluttered and the food was fine. The housekeeping staff was excellent, getting extra towels, bedding etc was not a problem.
We would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The room was nice enough and certainly large enough, and the lobby was fine, but we didn't have hot water in our room and the front desk denied there was a problem, nor did they apologize. They advertise Wi-Fi, but the signal was so weak in our room (323) that our computer couldn't connect. Why advertise stuff and disappoint the customer? Even in the lobby, the signal was variable and kicked me off once. They have a pool and hot tub, but the hot tub wasn't hot enough. Breakfast had a nice variety, but the coffee was really weak.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Checked in late at night after a long drive from central Ohio thru rain, wind and lightning. Front desk staff was friendly and check-in smooth.

Was on the top (3rd) floor, and the room was your typical "small suite" hotel type, with a kitchenette, seating area, bedroom setup and bath. Plenty of space to easily drop my bags and hit the sack. Had breakfast the next morning, which was your basic "free hotel breakfast" commonly doled out nowadays. Again, nothing surprising, but no complaints, either.

Add in easy access off the highway and Springhill Morgantown is a nice enough place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I don't ask for much in a hotel. All I really want is a clean, comfortable bed and a nice warm shower in the morning. I try to seek out the Mariott brands as I have consistently good service and nice rooms, and I am a rewards member. I'll start with the good.

My room was on the 3rd (top) floor and was quiet, clean, and in pretty good shape. The AC worked fine. The pool was small but clean, and the hot tub felt great after a long day of driving. The wifi in the room was easy to connect and worked well. I clicked on the TV very briefly and noticed that most of the channels were fuzzy. No big deal, I don't watch much TV anyway. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was decent, with hot sausage and eggs.

I awoke in the morning and went to get my warm shower, but no warm water came out. I let it run for 10 minutes. The sink had warm water. I called the front desk and the guy basically said sorry about that. Uh... Ok. I washed my face in the sink and didn't have much time to pursue it further due to a morning appointment. On the way out I told the kid at the front desk and he apologized, but his manager wasn't there and he couldn't really do anything about it. I know it wasn't the kid's fault, but I paid close to $200 for a room and couldn't even get a warm shower in the morning. Later I got an e-mail that they gave me a 2000 point bonus to my rewards program. Seriously? It takes 20,000 points to get a free night at this place... From now on as soon as I check in and get to my room, I am checking to make sure the shower gets warm!

Room Tip: Top floor room was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan M
Betsy7244, Manager at SpringHill Suites Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We value everyone's comment and suggestions so that we can grow and uphold Marriott's wonderful customer service. I did receive information about your stay and the note about your shower the morning that you left. I do apologize that the water was not hot for your shower and realize that this is a very important part of the guest experience. I did issue 2,000 points to your account which is double the amount of points you received for your stay. Upon inspection of the room our maintenance team noticed that the scaled guard on the room was turned to the lowest setting and has since been adjusted. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and appreciate your feedback.