“Mint Condition, Very Clean”

SpringHill Suites Morgantown
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Mint Condition, Very Clean”
Reviewed 5 January 2009

The Springhill Suites at Morgantown is a great hotel. The first thing i have to say is the front desk staff is extremely friendly and the hotel is incredibly clean. The first night we stayed there we didn't arrive until nearly midnight. The beds were extremely comfortable and there was pindrop silience. The second night we stayed in a different room but it was just a quiet and clean.
The breakfast was also pretty decent. They have the standard eggs, waffles, sausage, and bacon buffet. Also a good assortment of cereals, oatmeal, and fruits.

The only complaint i have is the position of the TV. Its in the middle of the suite, so if your sitting on the bed you have to look all the way to the corner of the room. The reason is probobly because the room is so narrow. The suites are equiped with a nice fridge and microwave which is convinient.

Overall nice location, would definately recommend the property.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Home in WV,SC,TN
Reviewed 23 November 2008

My family and I were traveling to Morgantown to go to a football game. After checking various hotels I decided on the Springhill Suites, and I was glad that I made this decision. The hotel is far enough away from downtown to prevent the traffic problems that Morgantown has, but close enough to be anywhere that we needed to go in a matter of minutes. The hotel was well kept from the lobby to the guest room. The only thing in the guest room that I feel should be changed is the pillows. The breakfast bar was average for hotels in this price range, but was sufficient. The overall stay was superb, and I will deffiently return when traveling in the Morgantown area.

Stayed November 2008
Denver, CO
Reviewed 10 November 2008

The bed was as hard as a rock! I didn't sleep at all the night before my presentation. I booked a king size bed and was given a full size bed that was very uncomfortable! When I told the staff I reserved a king bed so told me I was out of luck they didn't have any king rooms. Why make a reservation?

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Disliked — the bed
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank roadtrippinggirl
California
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Very clean hotel. Breakfast was great for families. the rooms were clean and spacious for a family of 4. Bed are a size double so hubby slept alone. Internet access in room. Mini kitchen. The location is perfect off the 68 near fast food and gas station.

• Liked — everything! cant go wrong with this chain, staff was very friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed 11 May 2008

The first thing I want to tell you is what no one told me. You can not use a GPS to locate this hotel. It is on Hunters Way but there is another Hunters Way in Morgantown which is about 5 miles away and up & down some of the smallest hilliest streets you can imagine. Guess which one the GPS takes you to if you enter the hotel's address?

After driving around for 1/2 hour we call the hotel and they give us another address which gets us there.

The hotel is not close or convenient to WVU. I should have looked on a map before we booked. I won't make that mistake again.

Now for the hotel. It is very clean. That's a biggie for me. The rooms are smaller than I thought by looking at the website pictures. The walls are very thin. I could hear everyone out in the hall and doors closing around us.

We thought the free breakfast was a plus but the food was not really worth anymore although the coffee was good.

We would not stay here again as we only go to Morgantown when visiting my son at WVU or bringing him home as we did this trip. We have 3 more years and will try the Waterfront next time for family weekend because it's close. I'll let you know how we like it.

Just want to add that Tripadvisor is an excellent site for trip planning. This is my first letdown but I still recommend this site and use it daily.

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — location and address given
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anne1125
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 3 May 2008

We stopped here on our spring break trip down to Myrtle Beach (4/11/08). We usually stay at Hilton properties but the Springhill Suites was the right distance from home, would sleep 5 people (we had 4 adults and 2 young kids, sorry), at the right price. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were extremely clean, towels smelled nice and were very fluffy, great pillows (when I booked through Marriott.com you can request down or synthetic!), huge bathroom, but for a suite, the rooms were a bit small. We were just here for one night so we did not mind at all. The staff was wonderful and made sure we were happy at all stages of our stay. The continental breakfast was excellent. Different kinds of yogurt (they even had drinkable ones that my kids loved), make your own waffles, cereal, eggs and sausage for sandwiches…your typical food. They even had some bags to take breakfast with you just in case you did not have time to eat. My kids loved eating their cereal and fruit cups in the car. Great place to stay, very clean, just next time, I will stick to only having 4 in a room.

• Liked — Clean!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Columbus
Reviewed 6 August 2007

Four of us drove to DC from Columbus. Morgantown is about half way so we decided to book a room here on our way home. Very nice and clean hotel. Room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was good (a little crowded) and had may food options. Free in room wired and wireless internet as well. We paid $127 for one night checking out on a Sunday.

• Liked — Spacious room, great food options for breakfast, proximity to the highway
  • Disliked — breakfast was little crowded.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family