“Delicious Thai in Morgantown”
Review of Chaang Thai

Chaang Thai
Ranked #133 of 307 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was a little skeptical about eating Thai food in West Virginia, but was really pleasantly surprised. The flavoring was spot on and on par with my favorite Thai restaurants in NY. The portions were huge - you definitely get a lot for your money. I also appreciated that they had several vegetarian options. If I'm ever in Morgantown again, I will be sure to stop by. The owner was extremely friendly, as were all of the servers.

1  Thank RLN984

Reviewed 19 January 2014

At this restaurant, I had one of the best Thai dishes I have ever had, and i have eaten in a lot of Thai restaurants all over the country. The salad with crispy duck, pineapple and cilantro was spectacular. The crispy skin was perfectly executed. My daughter loved her vegetarian pad thai, and she has eaten pad thai everywhere! The restaurant was the busiest place in town on a Saturday night. It's light and airy and woody, very pleasant. The menu was extensive and had some difficult to find dishes, such as larb. Bravo!

1  Thank pthomas156
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I went by Sunday for lunch and arrived at 11:30 right when they opened. My party of three ordered four dishes (all curries of various types) and despite being the only ones there when we arrived, we waited 35 minutes for our food. People who came in after us were served first in fact. Now, that said, all the food was really tasty (though my dish was pretty cold, probably as it was done before my companion's). I'd certainly be happy to eat the food again, I'd just probably get takeout. Also, the tea I was served was very bland. That said, the atmosphere is nice enough, though they did construction for 10 minutes of my time there which resulted in some really loud drilling.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Before I give you my review of this restaurant, let me tell you that I have eaten many times in one of the best Thai restaurants in the country (as mentioned in many national magazine and winners of multiple Zagat awards and whose chef is considered the best Thai chef in the country): Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas. Chaang Thai in Morgantown WV is as close to the food of Lotus of Siam as I have experienced. The main difference is price. Of course, Lotus of Siam is not outrageously expensive but Chaang Thai is very reasonable. If you happen to go at lunch, the portions are dinner size so plan accordingly. The lunch specials are around $8, give or take a little. You get soup or salad, choice of a rice or noodle dish, and choice of meat if you wish to add to your meal (chicken, beef or pork, seafood, or combo). Their appetizers (spring rolls, wontons, rangoons, etc.) are very light and not greasy. The dipping sauces are awesome. Dinner portions are HUGE... very easy to split with another person, especially if adding a couple of appetizers or two. I especially recommend the Pad Thai... flavoring is phenomenal. I am just thankful now that I don't have to go to Vegas to eat great Thai food. We have it here in Morgantown!

1  Thank Toni B
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Ordered take out while working in the area & could not believe the quality of the food!? -it was absolutely one of the best meals I've had in WV! I can't wait to go back & get the full dining experience! I would highly recommend Chaang Thai to anyone looking for true quality!