“Attire”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Any advice on dress code? For means for women? Thank you. I am headed there for valentines this weekend any I wanted to have all bases covered. I appreciate it.

9  Thank John J

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Since I discovered the Montmartre Restaurant in Morgantown, WV, I have not been able to stop going there on a frequent basis. The service is excellent and so is the ambience. The food is off the charts!!! The homemade bread is to die for, along with their spinach salad with bacon dressing... Not to mention their Bruschetta and their Maytag Filet. The Montmartre Restaurant is a Morgantown "gem" that offers the same quality -- or more -- than any other big city five star restaurant. If I could give it ten stars, I would!!!

1  Thank RoxAnnMartinez
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We found this on Restaurants.com even though we had never heard of it, we decided to try it. We found it on the 8th floor of the Hotel Morgan. The atmosphere is almost like an old house but was very enjoyable. We had a view of High Street from our table.

We decided to visit on my birthday.

We found the service to be good. We did end up with a higher priced wine than requested..... We said we'd take it IF the one I wanted was out (the server said it might be) but then he said I'll be back with your (more expensive wine.) The wine was very good and I enjoyed it, but I did feel like he was up-selling without my consent since he didn't check for the wine requested. Other than than one slight snafu, service was good.

The tuna appetizer was VERY GOOD and so was the french onion soup. Salads and dressings were great! Though slightly overcooked, my filet was very good. My boyfriend enjoyed his which was cooked perfectly! We were too full for dessert, but want to return to try the homemade desserts!

Overall, I would recommend the restaurant for a nice dinner and I would return.
Oh, and we were able to eat there on a Friday evening without reservations (partially due to the fact we couldn't get a hold of them.)

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I had dinner here the other night and had a delightful experience. Something that is important to me is warm bread, and we were served just that, plus it was very tasty. My spinach salad with warm bacon vinegarette was large and delicious. Another important consideration in a meal is having the entree hot (I have sent food back many times for further heating), and my shrimp fettuccine Alfredo was piping hot and delicious. My wife had a chicken salad with candied apples that she said was quite good. A small glass of wine was overpriced, I thought, but the menu items were quite reasonable. I wish all of my dining experiences were this good!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a great find on restaurant.com! The waiters very friendly and knowledgeable. We actually just took a look at the restaurant the night before we made reservations, the waiter gave us a great tour and we went back the next night for dinner. Food excellent, beautifully presented....nice atmosphere. Never would have found it or tried it if it wasnt for restaurant.com