“AMAZING ATMOSPHERE!”

The Chestnut Boutique Hotel
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I recently traveled to Morgantown WV, and stayed at the Chestnut Boutique Hotel. I was greeted by the Manager who I remember from placing my reservation on the phone. She was very accommodating and was able to recommend a very nice restaurant near by. The hotel is connected to two bars, and seems to be a very popular place. The rooms are decorated very nicely, and the common areas as well. I expected it to be loud, but it wasn't at all. I can not wait to come back when the weather breaks!! The rooftop bar looks to be a lot of fun!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keri S
ChestnutHotel, Director of Sales at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Keri S,

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I'm glad my girls told me about Chestnut Hotel...The hotel is so open not stuffy like the older hotels.. I love the fact that the hotel is very CLEAN that's a plus and the clubs are in walking distance.. √√√ The employees are very friendly & accommodating...When I come back to visit I know right where I will be staying...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear loversmith85,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very romantic sexy hotel room with fluffy blankets and warm décor. The hotel is in a perfect walking location to the bars and restaurants. The staff where welcoming and friendly. I would love to see a few more healthy options for breakfast and maybe a choice of hot food but apart from that everything was perfect.I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer Z,

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, well maintained boutique hotel, more than I expected during our short stay in Morgantown. But. And this isn't indicative of most stays I'm sure, but noticed a couple of things... the table in the room had some, extra substance on it when we arrived. No big deal, maybe an oversight with the cleaning crew. Later on, noticed a bulge of white fabric through the shower door. "Um, honey, did you take a shower and I didn't notice?" Nope. "Then why the wash cloths bunched in the corner of the shower? And the open soap?" Just hoping that the bed linens are fresh. Sad to give this review because I really liked the hotel otherwise. Hope the cleaning crew gets their act together. Unfortunately too late to call the front desk now.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bshoebee6,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. So glad you were able to forgive our oversight - and was able to enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I really liked the décor of the entire hotel. It is definitely not your cookie cutter hotel experience. Although it is hard to say whether the décor was the most appealing aspect, or the staff. Everyone we encountered that worked there was very pleasant and accommodating. And the location is ideal for downtown activities. The rate we got (low $100s) was very reasonable as well. It is a top contender for hotels in Morgantown.

We were there Friday through Monday and the first two nights were definitely hopping downtown. When outside, it was quite loud until late but we never knew it in the room. The noise, even from other rooms and a full hotel, was never an issue. Although if we had been off the rooftop area of the fourth floor during the warmer season, I'm not sure I'd be able to say the same. We were on the second floor and it was fine.

The rooftop area is nice. I only went up there at night and there was no one outside up there. But the views are great and the stars were bright. I would like to go back when the area is open. There are a series of places to sit and it would be a fun experience to have the nightlife.

There are a few things that could be improved upon with the hotel. A microwave in the room would be a big plus, as would a coffee station although they do have one downstairs which is not an inconvenience. However I did notice the coffee/breakfast area stayed pretty messy long after breakfast was over. Mainly crumbs and general messiness on the buffet. And the coffee station was lacking in the early afternoon. That being said the lobby was very nice and clean. Love the furniture.

Another improvement could be there is no information regarding the room, the hotel, how to call the front desk or between rooms, etc. A little binder of information would be nice. The beds were really comfortable but the pillows were not, in my opinion. The room was really spacious and the carpeting was luxurious by hotel standards. The TV had a great selection of channels and a good remote, which isn't always the case. The bathroom was great but could've used a couple of hooks for towels..but there were outlets on both sides of the vanity which was a nice touch.

Overall I'd definitely recommend it and would like to stay there again sometime.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ginger975,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding The Chestnut Boutique Hotel located in the heart of downtown Morgantown, West Virginia. We truly appreciate our guests, and hope to have you back in the future. Glad you enjoyed the décor as well as the staff!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. I was very excited about going for the night with my husband. However I was not very happy about the fact that we didn't have a restaurant or room service or that we were awake until 3 am because of the noise inside and outside the hotel. I had to call the front desk once around 12:30 am and they sent someone up from security. If you go you should bring earplugs if you plan on getting any rest at all. It was so bad we considered leaving in the middle of the night. Then on top of that when we checked out the next morning the lady who checked us out was not very nice or apologetic about the fact that we had such a terrible night. She brushed us off as if our complaint was not a valid one or as if it were no big deal. Which was very upsetting to me because her customer service was atrocious. We were not offered any apologies or compensation at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheChestnut, General Manager at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Robin B -
Thank you for the feedback from your stay at The Chestnut Hotel last month. Your comments are shared with our team, as it helps us to see what areas we need to continue improving in. We have been working on making sure that each guest is placed in an area of the hotel that best matches the purpose of their stay.
Please allow us the opportunity to make this right next time you travel to the Morgantown area. Feel free to call me directly.
Shanna Biser

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a great time and great stay at this perfectly located hotel right in the heart of Morgantown!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free parking garage connected to hotel was super convenient. Can't wait to come and stay again.

Room Tip: Hotel is new and very clean