The Chestnut Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Residence Inn Morgantown(Morgantown)
Econo Lodge(Morgantown)
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop barparking garagebar next doorprepackaged muffinshigh streetgranola barschain hotelsroom was largewithin walking distanceloved this hotelheart of downtownrestaurants and shopsbeautiful hotelcomfortable bedsbathroom sinkfront desk staffstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I truly am enjoying my stays at the Chestnut Hotel, one of which I am currently enjoying now...Home away from home is the only way I can describe this place, from the staff and their unity/loyalty to each other to the way I feel when I lay my head down at night. They go above and beyond to make your stay a comfortable one. I'm from Virginia Beach and not know the area they gave me plenty of suggestion on food and directions that I've felt like i have lived here for a while. The BOND(let me take a moment here....when I say the bond is nothing like I've seen in a staff, THEY LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER!!!! )that they have reflects in their work and in the entire atomsphere of the hotel. The decor is none that I've seen and is refreshing vs. your traditional "cookie-cutter" hotel chain. The room decor is equally great, hosting a variety of art and furniture pieces that allow you to emerse yourself in comfort. We you walk in, it will speak for itself..i'm out here on business and could have stayed somewhere close to work considering im not from here, BUT I CHOSE a 1 1/2 hour commute because I love this place so much!!! Believe me, there are MANY places to stay out here in Morgantown or West Virginia for that matter but none like the Chestnut Hotel..
Kevin

• Stayed: May 2014
ChestnutHotel, Director of Sales at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Kaptain1132,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding The Chestnut Boutique Hotel located in the heart of downtown Morgantown, West Virginia. We truly appreciate our guests, and hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Splendid service, starting with the phone call I made to book our rooms. Professional staff with sunny dispositions. Rooms are lovely, and the added benefits of the roof top deck with hot tub absolutely cannot be beat. We stayed last week, while working in Morgantown, and came back for round two (even though we have to travel out of the way for business).

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear BadAshBdash,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We did a 200 people party a couple of weeks ago at the Hotel's rooftop bar and my friends and I stayed at the hotel. From event planning to checking out the next day, the Chestnut Hotel's staff has made everything so easy and perfect! The setup for our dinner party was exactly what we had in mind, red, white, black, classy and modern! The event coordinator hooked us up with the food and great drink specials, the price was much lower than the quote I was given by other hotels/event centers. The food was gone quick, but the staff replenished it immediately every time. The DJ they booked for us was also great! The best part is, after a night of dancing and having a good time with my girls, I can just go crush in my room right next door, without even leaving the building! The room has the same atmosphere as the rooftop bar, classy and trendy. What great taste in all the decors! My favorite part is the fur throw on the bed, so cuddly) We overslept the next morning in the comfy beds, and front desk gave us an extra 2 hours check out time with no hassle since it's sunday and our room was not reserved that day. Didn't get to try the free breakfast...as we did not get up until noon... lol

By the way, before our event started, the event coordinator asked us if she could show our event set up to another lady who was interested in doing a wedding at this venue. We have no prob with that at all. It will be a perfect place for an urban wedding! and I heard that they have anniversary room just for newly wed, how awesome!

This edgy hotel broke of definition of what everyone thinks a hotel can or cannot be. You won't see suits and ties everywhere, but you will see beautiful smile and willingness to help everywhere. You won't see grand hotel type of sparkle, but you will see tasteful home-like warming decors from lobby to the room. There's not another hotel in morgantown area that offers anything even close. I will def recommend this place to my friends who are getting married or to any organization who wants to do a fun event!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Alyssa S,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Quirky, intriguing, but also quite unsettling: these were our first impressions, and did not change. Part of what looks like a renewal project in an old industrial area, the hotel's street-side brick presence fits in well. The first shock is the parking garage,its entrance looking like a disused, abandoned factory. I got out of the car right there, but the driver says it was okay inside. There are security guards, and a metal gate descends at midnight. Truly, it would be a great zombie movie location!
The entrance - not really a lobby - is hard to define. Seattle coffee house meets Belle Epoque boudoir, perhaps. There are huge padded velvet chaises longues mixed in with high tables and stools in the food area. The seating later proved totally inadequate for the number of guests hoping for breakfast. Check-in consists of a laid back chat at a desk marooned on one side. Elevator is bright and pleasant, but opened onto strangely ominous hallways, smelling of damp over laden with air freshener. I was reminded of apartment hallways in movies set in the riskier parts of New York. The room was a strange mix of styles: faux alligator headboards (already showing signs of
wear), black wall paper on a feature wall, dark furniture reminiscent of early twentieth century styles, and brown faux fur throws which a card assured us had been cleaned just for us! The sheets were mismatched: one bed had a crisp white top sheet, the other an un-ironed cream fabric which I just had to trust was fresh. Bathroom very ordinary apart from a golden glass washbasin which struck a discordant note. In view of the oddness of the hallway (this was the third floor, view of flat roof and old industrial buildings) I was concerned about fire, and was disturbed to discover there were no Evacuation Procedures posted on the bedroom door, nor anywhere at all.
Breakfast was risible. A disparate group of guests from Canadian seniors (!) to photographers draped in gear, to college-age groups and tourists was milling about finding very little sustenance other than a dripping waffle maker, fruit loops/bran flakes, and the last plastic wrapped bagel. The OJ was being extended by the addition of ice cubes, and the coffee ran out. I had a banana.
So, for adventurous movie fans, and travellers tired of same-old style chains, this may be a choice. It's certainly unique!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Terramarique,

With every review we hope to gather insight from guests to become the best we can be - Hopefully we have improved and have gained a better identity.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I loved this hotel. Of all the hotels we have visited this was one of the best for friendly service the beautiful girl at the desk had a great smile and very helpful with advice about the area shopping and restaurants. The decor and cleanliness was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cathy C,

We are so pleased you and your husband enjoyed the hotel. Hopefully you can stay with us again in the future.