“Good BBQ and atmosphere”
Review of Atomic Grill

Atomic Grill
Ranked #8 of 302 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We are locally owned and operated. New Ownership was established March 31, 2016. We strive to make the best fresh meal to serve to our guests. We source our meats and produce from local farmers throughout West Virginia and Pennsylvania. WE ARE WV REAL BARBQUE!!
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I finally made it to the Atomic Grill for lunch. It's a cute laid-back atmosphere inside, the host was really helpful and made suggestions. Was just getting take-out for myself, there's a bar that you can sit at and order take-out. They said the menu changes daily and there's a lunch and dinner menu. The lunch menu was very small, couple of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and kids menu. Dinner starts around 4pm, they said that there's entrees (ribs, steak) on it, including the sandwiches. Only 1 vegetarian entree and sandwich.

Overall, I liked it a lot. I got the pulled pork sandwich which came with fries and slaw. There were a few different BBQ sauces to choose from, got the WV sauce. Everything was made from scratch, the pork was tender and good, fries were fresh-cut, and the slaw was fresh too. Fairly large portions, but was so good, ate everything. Very reasonable, everything on lunch was $10 and under. Staff was friendly, didn't have to wait too long for my order. Will definitely go back, maybe for dinner. Their BBQ blows Martins BBQ away, really no comparison. Martins BBQ is like fast-food. Is this the best BBQ that I've ever had? No, go south for that, but it's the best BBQ that I've ever had around here.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had lunch here last week with a friend and really enjoyed it. Everything is made fresh from scratch using local ingredients. Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable, and no fewer than 4 staff members stopped and asked us how we were enjoying our meal. The decor & atmosphere are really cool (it's a remodeled Wonder Bread outlet store). We tried the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer - delicious. The pork BBQ sandwich was top-notch, as were the BBQ sauces. Hummingbird cake for dessert was also delicious. I wasn't 100% impressed with the fries (fresh cut, but not as crispy as I like) or the cole slaw (not a lot of flavor). But that was not really a problem since the rest of the meal was so good. All in all, an excellent meal - I will be back!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great food in the the old Wonder Bread store! WV BBQ ribs, BBQ sandwiches, steaks, fries, awesome fried green tomatoes!! The best cole slaw ever, and I don't usually even eat cole slaw!! Service was fast, friendly and accommodating. Even had delicious desserts! Loved the apple, blueberry cobbler! We'll be back again soon to try their burgers. Decor is nice. Hard to believe it was the bread store!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The restaurant is new and menu is somewhat limited right now, but service and food was excellent. They are very accommodating, they had several different barbeque sauces, so they brought out all of them for us to try. My favorite was the WVsauce, had just the right kick! We had the ribs, pulled pork and a barbecue burger(burger, bacon, pulled porked, pickle, bbq sauce, and slaw on the side), everything was delicious.