“Had both good and not so good...”
Review of Atomic Grill

Atomic Grill
Ranked #7 of 288 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are locally owned and operated. New Ownership was established March 31, 2016. We strive to make the best fresh meal to serve to our guests. We source our meats and produce from local farmers throughout West Virginia and Pennsylvania. WE ARE WV REAL BARBQUE!!
“Had both good and not so good...”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I really liked their pulled pork sandwich (and they offer gluten-free bread!) but did not like the ribs. I want my ribs to have the meat falling off the bone. With these, I had to cut the ribs apart...with great effort. I like the WV sauce very much but then the cole-slaw had no flavor. The fries are great but then there was only one dessert option (Krispy Kreme bread pudding? Sounds intriguing but heavy. A simple scoop of vanilla ice cream ... Maybe with a ginger snap cookie or a light chocolate drizzle...would have been great after BBQ). I heard the steak is great but it was a special for $28. Couldn't swing that. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Will return for lunch for the sandwich and fries for sure. Love the atmosphere.

Visited November 2013

morgantown,wv
“Unique and worth the Support”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had Atomic Grill for the first time a week after it opened and have been dying to go back since. Two days ago I finally got the chance to hit it up again.

Both times I've visited have been at lunch and service was much better this time than last time even though it wasn't all that bad on the first visit.The waitress was very friendly and was very patient with a member of our party who has some developmental delays that made his ordering more difficult than for others. That was a huge plus. The atmosphere is very cool and gives something to look at while there. For someone who had been in the old Hostess store that previously was in this location, its crazy to think you are in the same place.

I ordered the same thing that I had ordered the first visit, which was the burger with pulled pork and pickles on the top. This time it came with bacon as well and of course, bacon makes everything better. I chose to get the slaw on the side, and it never came. Although I dont usually like slaw I would have liked to try it. It wasnt that big of a deal to me. The fries are awesome that accompany the burgers, some of the best in town. While I found the food to be more flavorful the first time I visited, it was very good and filling this time as well.

My only complaint is that prices had gone up since my first visit and my sandwich was $2 more than the last time.

I highly recommend people coming and supporting this establishment as Morgantown could use more places like that provide quality food utilizing local ingredients. Next time id like to try lunch instead of dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Halloween Treat at the Atomic Grill”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Four friends and I stopped at the Atomic Grill the day before Halloween and had some of the best sandwiches ever. The café/bistro was "tricked" out for the holiday with costumed servers adding to the fun atmosphere. I went for the $12.00 special of the day - the brisket sandwich with sides of perfectly browned French fries and crisp coleslaw (I appreciated that it was not drowned in sauce as so many places seem to do.) Although I chose the horseradish sauce (called the White BBQ) for my brisket, there were at least a half-dozen other tempting choices.
The tender brisket was arranged on a long, toasted bun, a generous sandwich that could almost serve two! My friends were equally delighted with their pulled pork and pulled chicken platters with Carolina Kiss and Mustard BBQ sauces. Sandwiches range from $8- $12, platters about $4 more. Children's meals are $5-6.

WV food for WV people, they say, and using the best of locally grown meats and produce. All sauces and dressings are home made and the cakes, pies and cobblers are made from scratch, too!

Loved the food and the service! I'll be back for some for some of that krispy kreme bread pudding!

• Visited October 2013
Morgantown, wv
“yummy and all organic, local”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great new restaurant in Morgantown. All local, fresh, organic food, made on site by locals. Menu changes based on availability. Awesome dessrts. Love the bread puddings and fresh fruit cobblers! Favorite BBQ s the West Virginia but they have like 8 different ones. All that I've had a GREAT! Pulled pork, pulled chicken GREAT! We're regulars there now. Great service, fast, and yummy!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank vidulichm
Newport News, Virginia
“Wow”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It is on the high side price wise but the food is out of this world. Looking at the out side of the building you would never think what it is inside. Friendly staff and great service. They only serve local food so menu changes. Lots of specials and again great service.

Visited October 2013