“Morgantown”

Cuisines: American
Columbia
“Morgantown”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Waiter got order all mixed up. Very slow. Restaurant was quite cold which made out dining a little uncomfortable.

Visited March 2014

Philippi, West Virginia, United States
“Food is good, service was poor”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had to wait for someone to seat me and it seemed like the workers were unsure of who was to seat patrons. It was the same for check out. There were 3 or 4 people standing around and no one seemed to know who was to be where.

Overall the food was what I've come to expect and know at any Bob Evan's Restaurant. I hope they got their act together...

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Debbie H
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Typical Bob Evans”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I liked that this particular restaurant was close to the hotel I was staying in. It was clean, and the food was what I always expect from Bob Evans.

Visited December 2013
Georgia
“Hate to be Negative- but Try Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at the motel across the street from this Bob Evans and decided to walk over after checking in. This restaurant has a folksy-style giftshop which my wife greatly enjoyed. She purchased some scented candles, which was the highlight of our visit to this establishment.

It took an exceptionally long time to be served- even to bring out the bread basket. The breads were good, but we were surprised that the bread basket was not refilled as it is at some other restaurants in this chain. The wait time for the food was also very long. My wife ordered a fish plate- the fish was supposed to be with a crunchy batter, but it was soggy and not very warm. Her steamed broccoli was barely warm and seemed more like the sort of broccoli you'd serve on a salad. My turkey dinner was somewhat better, but not enough to make me want to order it again. Dessert consisted of ice cream- again, not very good.

We would not visit this Bob Evans again. There are other restaurants at this exit (#152 on I79) and quite a few more on the next exit to the north (#155).

Maybe the Bob Evans chain has issues with consistency. We have been to some great Bob Evans (Cranberry, PA, and Harrisonburg, VA, come to mind), but others, while having a nice facility and setting, had poor quality food (this Bob Evans and the one in Fairmont, WV, come to mind). For us, next time we travel, we won't be visiting a Bob Evans.

• Visited July 2013