“Great food!”

Ranked #17 of 304 Restaurants in Morgantown
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you want great food come here. I had a vegetarian plate of roasted vegetables that were fresh and oh so yummy. Bonus sit outside by rail trail and after your meal take a walk on trail along Monongahela River.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went for Saturday brunch. The place was busy, and as it was 10:15 (they stop serving breakfast at 10:30), we hoped we'd make it to the register before the cut-off. We were the last breakfast order, but they were out of some items by the time it was our turn. We adjusted on the fly, which was fine, but felt bad about the people in line behind us, who would be ordering just after the 10:30 deadline.

The food was good. I had the Santa Fe wrap, which was eggs, salsa, avocado, etc wrapped Ina flour tortilla. Fresh fruit as a side, which was the BEST side of fruit I've ever had in a restaurant. Very fresh, very flavorful. Nothing tasted store-bought, but I can't say for sure it was all local produce. It just tasted extremely home-grown, which I appreciated.

Service is why I won't rank higher than 3 stars. First of all, I felt really bad for the cashier. There didn't seem to be a good vibe going on between the kitchen staff, servers, and her. At least four times in the 15 minutes we were in line, I saw someone come out from the back and give her a direct bossy command to do something, to which she smiled and complied. At one point in time, my husband asked her if there were any bagels, since one of the things they had run out of was English muffins. She asked a server, who ignored her. She asked again, this time a cook, and again was brushed her off with a snippy "I don't know". The cashier then literally jogged off to the kitchen to find out for us. She was super nice and accommodating, and I couldn't figure out why everyone else seemed to be so irritated with her. The second point of contention was that we got our food well before the latte and smoothie arrived. When the server dropped off the food at our table, we asked about our drinks. She said she would check on them, and returned about five minutes later to tell me my latte was ready and they were in the process of making the smoothie, so they would bring them both out at the same time. I'm not a complainer, but why should my coffee sit in the kitchen waiting on a smoothie, when she could have just as easily brought it out since she was coming anyway? So we wound up about 3/4 of the way through our food before we got our drinks.

Overall, the food was good, and the location is near a children's play area on a paved walking/biking path near the river. There is an outdoor dining area, and plenty of parking. However, the staff's snippy behavior toward one another was enough to make me think twice about going back.

To the cute girl at the counter with the asymmetrical short haircut ... You are the highlight of the staff! Don't let the others get you down.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

What's not to like?
Great beer on tap. Great coffee, tea and smoothies. Really good smoothies--both healthy and less healthy types.
Entrees are wonders, sides are always great. A huge selection of house-made cakes and deserts. They sell whole cakes for take-away. You can eat healthy or you can eat indulgently--your choice. WiFi too. Give it a try. check the website, lots of different events, specials, etc... We've been 4 or 5 times and loved everything we get.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My family and I went on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. We like the atmosphere and the outdoor patio. We were not impressed with the fare although the menu choices were intriguing. The soup, eggplant-tomato bisque, was bland. On the up side, the chai and the cappuccino were good.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I came here because I was in Morgantown for a short business trip, and I really wanted to find some healthy food. I ordered the roasted vegetable salad with chicken and a garlic vinaigrette. It was amazing! Large portion, very fresh, very flavorful. The veggies were perfect. It came with a really soft, delicious piece of bread, too. The girl who took my order at the counter was SUPER friendly. All of their desserts looked ridiculously good and the smoothie recipes gave me some ideas to try at home. I wish this place was closer because I could see myself going here pretty much every day. I'd love to try it out for brunch or breakfast one day.