“Great food and atmosphere!”
Review of Cafe Bacchus - CLOSED

Cafe Bacchus
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We went back to Morgantown for the weekend and were looking for places to eat. I had seen a review in a local magazine about this place and thought I'd give it a try.

I called to make a reservation just to make sure that my wife and I would be able to get a table. Not sure if that was necessary as it wasn't full while we were there, but I didn't want to take any chances.

We were seated in the front room by the window. Even with the construction on the post office building going on across the street, it was a nice view. Being able to look around and watch people stroll by on the street was nice.

Our food was fabulous. I can't think of other adjectives to use that would better capture my feelings.

We will definitely go back to Cafe Bacchus on return trips to Morgantown.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Bacchus

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is one of my favorite places in town. They always have a great menu, strong cocktails and a friendly staff. If the weather permits I do suggest outside dining. Also if you are in at the last Friday of the month they do wine tastings.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just went to brunch here when they started a month or so back. Food is delicious and I love the ambiance of the restaurant. Service is at a good pace. We never felt rushed. It was nice to just sit, relax, and chat with my friend. I had the eggs benedict, which I would highly recommend. Of course the mango mimosa was a nice treat for a Sunday brunch. They suggest you get reservations as the brunch has become popular already!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a family event here on Saturday with 13 people and everyone was impressed with the quality of the food and the service. Having that many folks all pleased with their various meals is a major accomplishment in itself and I feel that the staff all did a fantastic job!!! We are so happy we chose to celebrate here.. Could not have asked for a better evening. Everything from the arrangement of the tables into one long table in the one room to the attention from the staff during dinner was perfect. We will certainly return to eat and celebrate again in the future when we are in Morgantown. So nice to have a quality restaurant in town owned and operated by local folks!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Down the street from the coffee shops, hookah cafes, bars and take out places frequented by WVU students is this gem of a restaurant. An upscale experience in this old home that was converted into a restaurant a number of years ago. The menu is somewhat limited, but an array of interesting dishes including Moroccan lamb shank and Seared Maine Diver Scallops in a champagne citrus beurre blanc are offered. A number of steaks and always a fish special are also on the menu. Try the Goat Cheese topped with Apples and Walnuts baked in Filo Pastry appetizer. Meals priced between 25-35 dollars. They have a full bar and Martinis and wine reasonably priced. Both service and presentation were quite good.

1  Thank Rundgren52