Best Western Mountaineer Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 14 March 2014

One of the most reasonably priced hotels I've stayed in. Amenities included a gym, pool, and a
complimentary breakfast. Our room was clean and our beds comfortable. Tom, at the front desk, was very pleasant and could answer all our questions.

I would definitely recommend to family and friends!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Best Western in Morgantown is a perfect place for a weekend stay to visit college students and others in Morgantown. I is close to the place we needed to visit and was great to wake up to a nice continental breakfast with hot items on the buffet. Will be making at least a trip or so per month for the next 3 years so will be staying at this hotel each time we make a trip to Morgantown. Liked the fact that the pool and work out room were available 24 hours.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I will/have come back to Mountaineer Inn time after time because they have the friendliest staff I have ever met!! I love that it has an indoor pool, and Is so close to everything. the breakfast was excellent with so many choices! Even the cleaning staff was cheerful and helpful...

Reviewed 7 March 2014

BW Mountaineer Inn was very comfortable and a very good value. It is easily accessible from I-79 and is easy to find. The fitness room and pool were well maintained. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was fresh and tasty with a moderate selection of items. The room was very clean and comfortable.

1  Thank Dale H
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

The staff is very professional and friendly!! The price is right for so much that they offer! My son had his birthday at the hotel and the manager provided us with excellent service for such a large party. The Best Western staff made my son's birthday very special and we are grateful to have a hotel that is family friendly. My entire family was very pleased and we recommend this hotel for anyone needing an excellent place to visit Morgantown!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Yes, the rooms (Mainly bathrooms) need a bit of attention or updating. But I had no problems with any of my recent stays and was even given the option of moving to a different room (Which I did move) when my room had a musty smell. If you just need a place to sleep and move on the next day, I would recommend this hotel. If you prefer a fancier place, then you will pay more. After being in hotels for the past 7 months during my husbands rehab stay in Morgantown, WV, this is the best value that I have found for when I just needed a place to sleep at night and rest/relax.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel with my daughter while in Morgantown WV for medical treatment. We had originally booked one night. We were thrilled with the first night. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. It had a newer heater in the room. The pool area was very nice and clean. There was no wifi in the pool area but a strong signal in the rooms, as well as the lobby. The breakfast was average but good. The coffee was very good. Each room had a microwave and frig. The hallway is cold. For the amenities, the price was great.
After going to an appointment. We had to stay another day in Morgantown unplanned so, naturally we went back to this hotel. It was different staff. They were not friendly or helpful at check in. We had a different room. It was NOT clean. There were hand prints all over the bed backboards which were wooden. There was trash in the frig. The remote was broken and taped together. I had to take it to the front desk to have it "retaped" so I could use it. The front desk lady said, "pretty ghetto huh." The heater was old and didn't work very well. This was problematic due to zero weather.
It was like we stayed at two different hotels. The first experience was perfect and the second experience was less than average. Would I stay there again?? I am not sure. The location is nice though.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business