“Staying in Morgantown, WV.”

Best Western Mountaineer Inn
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Staying in Morgantown, WV.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was very clean and the staff was very polite and pleasant. The lobby was very beautiful with it's clean shinny floors.The pool and workout room was both very nice and had easy access.The parking lot was marked well and lighted. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The first floor is great if you are a smoker!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joyce R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am late on writing this review, however I just want everyone to know how very kind I was treated. Upon arrival I had no reservations. When I spoke with the night attendant, he assured me that he could accommodate me. I was relieved as there was a bike show going on there, and Marriott had no rooms, but told me Best Western had 19 left. Check In was smooth. The continental breakfast was very good and had everything you could want for breakfast. I had to go to the hospital next day, and when I got back I ask at the front desk if I could get late check-out. Immediately this was approved. I recall Kyle, who was day reservations personnel. He really went above and beyond the call of duty. GREAT JOB KYLE! Anywhere I went, I was asked if there was anything I needed help with. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: I was in room 113 or 131--Not one problem at all
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jewel1958
Oklahoma City, OK, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Rented 3 rooms for 3 nights over a holiday. In one room the faucet ran a steady stream of heated water. It would not turn off. Reported to staff. No action. Hard to sleep with the sound of running/splashing water all night. In another room the carpet was wet in front of the air conditioner. Reported to staff. No action. By day 3, the water was from the wall completely under the bed. A 3 year old in the group could splash in the water, it was that saturated. The room had a mold problem, too, which is understandable given the constant standing water. The sad part is that the carpet was new and was being ruined by poor maintenance. Last but not least, there was no shower curtain in one room and they did not replenish all the towels every day. Had the pleasure of drying off on a hand towel after a shower one night. The beds are not the best either. They need new mattresses. I would never stay at this hotel again. On a positive note, the young man at the front desk was extremely nice!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Nancy I

Travellers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 30 June 2014

On our trip to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Ky we spent the first night of our trip at the Best Western Mountaineer Inn in Morgantown, West Vriginia. The Mountaineer was an excellent place to stay as we have found almost all Best Western's. It is easy to get to, clean and very comfortable. Their breakfast's are always very good with many choices. The staff was very helpful, courteous and friendly. Anytime I am in Morgantown and need a place to stay the Mountaineer will be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staff is very friendly. They are extremely kid friendly. Very helpful in everything we needed. The group rate made it affordable to stay for 3 nights for a baseball tournament. The breakfast included a variety of cold and hot with make your own waffles. Everything was fresh and hot. The bacon was not the best, but everything else was great. Did not care for the fact that dogs were allowed, especially the one I saw. I must say the dog was the most unfriendly issue of our 3 night stay. I would stay again. I would like to some updates, like painting to give it a cleaner LOOK. By the 3rd night, my hips were hurting. Overall, it was a good experience and would stay again, especially at the rate we had. Oh, the kids had fun in the pool but it was LOUD in there. Everyone we came in contact with in their city was polite and friendly. Enjoyed it all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Talk to the fellow at the rest stop. They can get you a better rate than the rest stop coupon book!
Staff was very friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable. Quiet, but still near food places .
Downside is that bathrooms are small. Great place for the money.. No smoking in hotel at all.
There are places around the building though and they are well lit. Could use a bench or chair also.

Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was a great disappointment. I don't think they even deserve 1 Star. I am the mother of an incoming freshman and was shocked at the way I was treated at this hotel. I had made several reservations in anticipation of my son's upcoming year. I had to cancel a reservation and mistakenly cancelled the wrong one. They charged my credit card since according to them I was a no show. When I realized my mistake I called and asked if something could be done. The General Manager would not even speak to me. The message he relayed from his front desk was that is the policy. While I realize that is their policy it was clear that I had cancelled the wrong date. Good customer service would have been to see that this was an honest mistake and at least taken my call to discuss it. It just goes to show that they don’t care but people. While I realize that they are in a great location and always busy if they don’t care but one person they don’t care but anyone! I hope that people will read my post and look elsewhere for hotels. I of course will never stay in another Best Western again. I would rather sleep in my car!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo