“Great Service and clean spacious room!”

Residence Inn Morgantown
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great Service and clean spacious room!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We chose this hotel because of the full size kitchen and suite. With our AAA discount it was actually cheaper than other hotels that had less features. The room was clean and updated, the staff was more than willing to help with anything we required and very friendly and courteous. The hotel has a fire pit on the side with chairs to sit if want to have a cigarette or a drink under the stars. It has a work out room and pool and complimentary breakfast AND dinner! It was wonderful and I would recommend to a friend. One draw back is it is across from a hospital that has a helicopter, which we did hear a couple of times take off, but it did not deter from our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Charlotte
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed at residence inn morgantown for over month. i stayed at a one bed suite. The suite is spacious with upgraded kitchen and living room. However, Given the standards that Marriott has, this hotel has let us down drastically in terms of their service and amenities such as Internet.

The housekeeping service is never prompt. There are days when my room isn't cleaned and when checked with the front desk executive they say that the housekeeping staff have left for the day. Also, the housekeeping staff don't really respect when you put the "Don't Disturb" sign on. They just Knock on the door so hard and if I take a few extra seconds to open the door, She would just come in!!! And I say, don't you see the "Recharging Now(Do Not disturb)" sign on the door and she says " this is my last room to clean and do you want me to clean up the room". I don't like the attitude of the housekeeping staff and they always seem to be in a hurry!

The Internet is horrible!! The hotel claims that their Internet is very good but from my experience its very very slow and keeps disconnecting every 5-10MINS. And on weekends it just doesn't get connected and when checked with the front-desk executive she just gives me some IT help desk number and then I call that number and talk to the IT person and explain him the situation and he refreshes the connection. the whole process takes a min of half an hour.And this really tests your patience when you bring some work back from office. The connection is horrible!

Overall our stay wasn't worth the money spent!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CharlotteGenie
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This hotel seemed a little more upscale than the residence inns I normally stay at, however, that was also reflected in the price as this was among the more costly hotels in the area. It was chosen due to it's very close proximity to Ruby Memorial Hospital (easy walk or short drive).

The rooms were modern and clean. We had a king size with the sofa bed (which was moderately comfortable). My biggest complaint with the room is the inability to modify the temperature or control the fans. I have never had a problem with any residence inn or other hotels in changing the temp, but this one seemed fixed at 71 degrees on auto fan (I like to keep it running for white noise and was unable to do so). That said, it wasn't too uncomfortable at that temperate.

Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was what you would expect - scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Because of the proximity to Ruby Memorial Hospital I booked the Residence Inn on January 29th of this year. I did not know how long I might be staying and the staff was extremely understanding and courteous. From the front desk to the food service, all went above and beyond. I have been back 4 times for follow up visits to Ruby and would not consider staying anywhere else. Comfortable, reliable and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have stayed in Residence INNs in different locations and by far this is the most expensive one, the room, the facilities are good and front desk staff is good .
The issue I find with this hotel is with the service.The room does not get serviced very well.
I had to stay here for a length of more than two months and I have realised that maids hardly clean the room and the facility lacks in towels ( I was paying moren tha $100 a day) and they were struggling to provide me with towels.The maids at times looked like they were not intrested in doing any kind of service.
This is the first Residence Inn I have stayed where the service was so poor .I was thinking it was just me so I checked with some of my co-workers and they too confirmed on the cleanliness of the room and moved away to near by hotels.

I would say unless you need kitchen in your room avoid this hotel

Room Tip: I would say unless you need kitchen in your room avoid this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandeep P
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This Residence Inn is located in close proximity to the hospital at West Virginia University. It is convenient if you are there for the hospital. We weren't there for that, but the Residence Inn was equipped for long or short stays. We had a handicap accessible room (broke my leg - on crutches) and the room was convenient for the large shower with a seat and nothing to step over - a wheelchair could be rolled into the bathroom - if necessary. Our room had a king size bed and a queen size fold out couch. It had a flat screen tv that could be accessed by the bedroom area or the living area. The room was equipped with a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, and a dishwasher. The grounds were maintained nicely. There was a fire pit and outdoor BBQ's. There is an enclosed pool (even had ADA entrance to the pool). Also, a nice laundry room is provided - just bring your own laundry detergent - or purchase it onsite - and laundry is complimentary. Overall it is a great place to stay with friendly staff. OH forgot to mention how comfortable the bed was at the Residence Inn! SUCH A COMFORTABLE MATTRESS!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank lotus2s
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

From the minute we walked in, we had an amazing time at the Residence Inn Morgantown. The room was immaculate and beautiful! This hotel has undergone an extensive renovation, and you can notice just how beautiful it is in the lobby area, the hallways, and the suite itself. Brand new modern furniture and fixtures adorned our suite, and it made our stay even nicer. The shower water felt wonderful, and everything about this suite was just fabulous! I don't have a bad thing to say. Thanks to the wonderful staff for providing us with an amazing stay, and making us feel like royalty. :)

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple