“Consistently wonderful”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Annapolis, Maryland
“Consistently wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was my second visit to Morgantown in the last six months and once again, I stayed at the fabulous Residence Inn and once again I had a great visit! This is a very well managed hotel. It is extremely clean and the rooms are well appointed. the rates include a free breakfast buffet and an evening social hour as well. All the staff are very professional. I had a meeting here over coffee with a local resident who had not visited the hotel before and she said " It seems like the staff have been to hotel school!" YES - they are competent, friendly, and professional. There is an exercise room and a lovely indoor pool as well and this hotel is centrally located in MT. I would not stay anywhere else now in Morgantown after these two great visits!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the other side from the hospital
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Back again for our annual family gathering near Morgantown. The two-bedroom suite at the Residence Inn is the perfect place to stay. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Beds are a little soft, and housekeeping is definitely inconsistent, but the overall experience is as good as one can expect in a small city in WV. Breakfast is good! Parking is easy. The only real challenge is scoring a two-bedroom suite for a short stay, but Leah Carbone (new sales manager) will do whatever she can to make it happen.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Frederick MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

After a horrifying night in another hotel, I booked here for one night. I was chatting with the pleasant woman at the front desk to see if I could check in early, and told her that my mother, 87 with dementia and cancer, was coming to spend the night with me. I was so glad to be there after my previous night's experience. She upgraded my suite and checked me in right then. The room was very clean, the towels nice and thick, and the bed was comfortable. I was able to have my mother come over early. Because the front room was so spacious, when my daughter came with her children for a brief visit, we didn't feel like we were stepping on each other. I could easily see that a long term stay would be comfortable in that suite. The kitchen was fully supplied and had a dishwasher. The table had two comfortable chairs. The couch was full size with a pullout bed that was not the most comfortable but tolerable. Since I slept on the couch bed, that was the only drawback. The parking was plentiful and the staff was great. It was a lovely evening for my mother, and I am grateful that the shower had a sturdy handicap bar for her. The parking was plentiful and breakfast offered many choices hot and cold. I did not try the restaurant or room service so I cannot rate them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed two nights in room 330. The downside to this particular room was that it is located next to a semi busy stairwell and the hospital helicopter is directly out the bedroom window. The mattress was very soft, and according to my sons, the couch bed was not comfortable. That being said, everything else was great! Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful! The breakfast and nightly reception were great; we enjoyed a pint of beer in front of the fire-pit during the week night 5 - 7:30 reception. We did not eat the dinner that was provided, because we ate at The Lake-house by Cheat Lake (very good food and service), but folks seemed to be enjoying the food at the hotel. The rooms were large and clean! The dressing area is large, and the refrigerator and microwave were nice to have. The hotel pillows and towels were good. The laundry room has free washers and dryers, and although the pool is small with no hot tub, it was clean. This is a great hotel to travel with kids. Room 330 is a one bedroom suite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here during "Mountainfest" motor cycle rally. Plenty of parking, friendly staff. easy in/out to the Interstate. Super clean room. Front desk helped with directions & even made some decaf coffee for me when I got in late

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Spent an overnight here and was impressed with our studio suite. Clean, comfortable, nice decor. Worth the price. Good continental breakfast, with plenty of food choices..Wouldn't hesitate to come here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here for one night with our two daughters. The room was clean and the suite was spacious. The bed was comfortable, but our girls slept on the sofa bed and a rollaway, which were very basic and not as soft as the main bed. The hotel is located adjacent to the hospital and university. It wasn't close to the interstate, so be aware that you'll drive through town to get here. The complimentary breakfast was fine, nothing exceptional, but we all left with full stomachs. All in all, this felt like a typical Residence Inn. I would stay here again. It was extremely sufficient for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family