“LOVE this hotel!!!”

Residence Inn Morgantown
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel is quite possibly in the perfect location in Morgantown. It is right across the street from Ruby Hospital and the football stadium. There are various routes in & out, so you can avoid the traffic on main roads if needed. The staff at this hotel is extremely friendly. Everyone always had a "hello" or took a few minutes to chat. The food service staff at the free breakfast cleared your dishes & offered more coffee or juice so that you could stay in your seat and relax. This hotel is also pet friendly for those who are traveling with their animals. I even got to meet a few four-legged guests, who were very well behaved & one long term furry guest even knew where the front desk employees kept the treats. I wish I had known about this place 4 years ago when my son started at WVU. He will be graduating in May! This hotel is an absolute gem. The only con I could offer would be the noise from the helicopters landing at the hospital, however, that being said, if it was my loved one on that helicopter, I would gladly deal with 5 minutes of noise, it certainly wasn't a deterrent for me, but some may be bothered by it. If my travels ever take me back to Morgantown, this hotel will be my 1st choice. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rcerbo22

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in order to be close to the hospital. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and pleasant to stay in. But the customer service was just exceptional. The management staff must be doing an outstanding job, because everyone we encountered at the hotel was friendly and over-the-top helpful -- from the assistant manager that checked us in, to the front desk staff, to the breakfast staff, and the housekeepers. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Cutieland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This place is a bit pricey, but I did stay here a couple times while I was in Morgantown area to see my husband who was in WVU Hospital and before I could get a room at the Rosenbaum Family House. They do offer a discount for family of hospital patients. It is very convenient to the Hospital. You could even walk to the hospital if you needed to.

The rooms are spacious, fully furnished kitchen area with dining room table, a large couch, seating area. Very nice!

The breakfast is really nice. Coffee is always available in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have stayed here a few times while visiting West Virginia University. Located across the street from the football stadium and WVU Hospital, this Residence Inn is kept very clean, has ample parking, a decent gym (for a hotel), complimentary breakfast and dinner, and many rooms have gas fireplaces. The staff is always welcoming and helpful. The property is pet friendly. Beds are comfortable. All rooms come with a full kitchen.. full size fridge/freezer, stove, microwave, silverware, etc.
Good value.

Room Tip: Suites are often available at the same price as studio rooms, Suites come with a private bedroom.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife, son, and I spent one night here after attending a UWV vs Okla State men's basketball game. A very clean hotel with a very comfortable bed and couch for my son to sleep on. But the most wonderful aspect of the hotel is the wonderful staff who work there...from the front desk to the ladies who work in the breakfast area. Everyone was friendly and very attentive to all the customer's needs.
We have traveled all over the world and have stayed at all kinds of hotels and bed and breakfasts. I can say that the staff at the Residence Inn in Morgantown deserve an A+++ for their sincere care of their customers. Well done to all those who work there!!!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back on the first floor were clean and very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KtownKrusty
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I would like to compliment the Residence Inn at Morgantown. This was our 2nd stay and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. My kids also stayed for an extended stay (2 mos) due to a relo and also found the staff to be so helpful. The room was great. The food was really good. We appreciated the size of the room with extended family with us. We had the 2 bedroom suite with 2 pack n plays. If you are in Morgantown this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: If you need the room the two bedroom suite is recommended. Ours had a queen, king each with their o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This Inn is just across the street from the Milan Puskar Stadium and WVU Hospital in Morgantown WV. This is a perfect place to stay while attending WVU sporting events, just park your car at the Inn and walk to the stadium. Rooms are clean and spacious, the complimentary breakfast was exceptional. Staff was extremely nice. Hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple