“Delicious food, full bar, attentive service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Delicious food, full bar, attentive service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

New establishment on High Street is a welcomed addition. So far it attracts the over college age crowd and I hope it stays that way. Food is delicious and the menu gives you plenty of options to choose from. The grilled cheese is amazing and the "fry sauce" for dipping is worth return visits. I'm a margarita drinker and they sure know how to make a good one! Comes in a nice large margarita glass.

Plenty of space for hosting an event and having a "private" area. The service is on point. Everyone is really nice and looks to accommodate you. I will be returning here again soon. Especially since the outdoor patio on the front is almost open.

• Visited May 2014

WV
“IT IS A BAR WANTING TO BE A RESTAURANT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Even though the restaurant was less than half full, it was extremely loud. For that reason we had drinks and two appetizers. We chose the homemade chips and queso and blue cheese sticks. The cheese sticks must have been overcooked and were hollow. The chips and queso were adequate. Unfortunately, we spent more than we would have for a full meal at the nearby Thai restaurant. Also we overheard someone asking about when they had a band where they put them. Band? It would be absolutely deafening.
And I don't know where the previous reviewer received information about the materials being locally sourced and their "attempt to locally source as much as they can". It is not evident from their menu and their website is not yet available.
Morgantown now has so many dining choices, don't waste your time unless you want to eat at a bar.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Locally Sourced and Heaping Portions, Oh My!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Was meeting a friend in downtown Morgantown and thought we would try this new place out. Overall, it was great.

The interior of the restaurant is really clean looking, with most of the materials used being locally sourced. There are lots of different nooks and alcoves where you may be seated, it's kind of neat.

The menu has a wide variety of standard pub fare with some Irish-inspired dishes. The portions are enormous. I seriously dare you to order the chicken tenders and not drop your jaw when they bring the platter to your table. I enjoyed my mushroom and swiss burger very much.

Service was generally pretty good, but there were some awkward pauses where I ran out of soda and where it took a long time to get take out boxes (which you'll probably need).

In another month, I'm sure they'll be 5-stars all around. Right now they're a solid 4. It was good to see a decent sized crowd coming in because I think they really do deserve local support and, because of their attempt to locally source as much as they can, I think they make a good spot to drop by if you're not from around Morgantown.

• Visited March 2014