“Better luck the second time around”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had stayed at this inn last year (April), and vowed to choose some other facility on this year's trip. My previous stay was spoiled by a boisterous dog in an adjacent room and a sort of lackluster response to the problem from the management. But recent reviews for nearby hotels weren't very flattering, so I decided to give this Microtel a second chance.

This time I was given a room on the other side of the hall, facing I-79. Despite that, the highway noise wasn't too intrusive and I was able to sleep pretty well. I noted no unusual plumbing noises and despite the apparently full house, the other guests were quiet. Better yet, there were no canine sounds to be heard, though I did see a number of dog owners walking their dogs.

As for the rest of the room, it was typically compact yet comfortable enough. I'll give the housekeeping an "A", though there was only one bar of soap in the very clean bathroom. Reception on the TV was pretty horrible, but I wasn't in the mood for TV anyway.

Breakfast was adequate -- the usual selection of cereals that get pulverized by the dispenser, and watery orange juice being the only weak spots. Check-in and check-out were efficient and acceptably quick. Overall, the inn is still attractive and well-maintained. (The lighting in the parking lot could stand some upgrading, though).

All in all, a pleasant overnight stay, so I'll upgrade my rating and say that they've redeemed themselves.

Room Tip: If you're bothered by highway noise, the odd-numbered rooms face away from I-79.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Morgantown WV look no further.Microtel has a wonderful and warm atmosphere.The staff gives you that at home feeling as soon as you walk in the door.The rooms are very clean,the beds are the greatest and they have rooms so you can bring your pets also.The staff treats you as if they have known you all their life,also they are very knowledgable of where to eat,where to go or giving directions.Their free thats right free breakfast is above and beyond what you might expect,more than enough choices to choice from.

Hats Off To The Staff
Traci, Annie,And The Whole Gang

Room Tip: Best view is front side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This was our 7th hotel in 12 days, on a road trip from Toronto to Key West. We checked in and were given a room on the first floor. Jeremy gave excellent customer service when we reported that the A/C in the room wasn't working - he offered to move us to a suite with one queen bed, but we opted for just another room with two beds, so he adjusted the price to compensate for our inconvenience. Certainly we didn't expect that, but it was very welcome and a great customer service gesture.

The rooms are meant for what they do - provide a brief respite overnight on the trip to or from someplace else. If I was staying for any length of time, the lack of a closet would bother me, but for an overnight stay, it was no issue. The beds were comfortable,the room and bathroom were clean, the TV worked, there were enough plugs for charging our various devices.

Breakfast was probably the skimpiest we've had so far - and there are only 2 little tables in the breakfast area - so that quickly became problematic. But there is an excellent "Bob Evans" restaurant in front of the hotel - so I'd opt for that if we were to go back.

Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele F
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed over one night on way home from Georgia. We were very pleased by the overall cleanliness of the room and the hotel in general. Pet friendly is a great bonus, yet you do not feel it is a "pet hotel". Kudos again to cleaning staff. Continental breakfast is a bit lacking but not a good reason to pass up this gem.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This property was very clean, well kept and updated. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed one night on our way to DC. Clean, small room which served our purpose. I would have given an excellent rating, but when I reserved online 3 weeks earlier, I had requested a room away from the elevator. When we arrived, the only room left in the hotel was...you guessed it...across from the elevator. As it turned out, it wasn't awfully noisy and the desk clerk gave us a bit of a price break on the room. Isn't there a way to match up room requests on the morning of the reservation to avoid this sort of thing happening in the future? I'd stay here again, regardless!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We Have stayed here two years in a row while travelling home from vacation. The hotel is clean, has very comfortable large sized beds, and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. They have extra perks like FREE Wi-Fi and a FREE continental breakfast. With their coupon from the Rest stop booklet it was a very reasonable stay for 4 people. It had recently become a Smoke-FREE hotel, which was our preference. We will definitely pre-book it again for next year.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family