“Hamilton Ont.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

As always the staff was excellent !!!! Marcus got us situated and made sure we was comfortable..
Rooms were very clean !!!! Very quiet !!!! Thumbs UP !!!! A +++++ Just located off 79 everything you need is nearby !!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hi Tommy. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff exceeded your service expectations, WE LOVE TO HEAR THAT!

I am delighted to hear that Marcus took care of you and helped to get you situated and comfortable. Marcus is the epitome of what customer service is all about and we are very fortunate to have him and others like him on our team!

Thanks for commenting on the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to maintain high standards when it comes to cleanliness and they really enjoy hearing when our guests notice.

Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to see you when you return to the area.

Best Wishes,
Morgantown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. The soup and cookies were nice to have after being at the hospital all day long. The one thing that needs improvement is the temperature in the hotel lobby. My husband's family came over to visit us at the hotel because my husband was having surgery the next day at Ruby, The lobby was so cold that we left and went to the lobby of the Comfort Inn where they were staying to talk and play games.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thanks so much for the nice feedback on your last visit. We are certainly aware that there are a lot of hotel choices in the area and we are thrilled that you chose Microtel by Wyndham. Thank you for alerting other Trip Advisor readers on the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the friendliness of our staff. Customer service is what Microtel Inn & Suites is all about.

The Complimentary Soup selection and Fresh baked cookies are always a welcoming treat after a long day at the hospital or after a day of traveling. Glad you enjoyed!

I apologize that the temperature in the lobby was not properly adjusted for your comfort. I have communicated this to our staff. So going forward, we will keep a close eye on the temperature control.

In closing,we wish your husband a speedy recovery and we hope to see you again when your back in Morgantown.

Best Regards,
Bruce Peninsula, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and welcoming, rooms very clean, general manager baked us cookies. The TV was mounted nice and high. I liked that the front desk person discretely showed me our room member without vocalizing for others around to hear. However the pillows were like balloons. We enjoyed and would recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I would personally like to thank you for such a nice review. I know exactly who you are, I am the one who baked the cookies for you upon your arrival. Nothing like the aroma of fresh baked cookies coming straight from the oven. The cookies are always a pleasant surprise.

It’s our policy to be very discreet in directing you to your room. Thank you for informing me that our desk clerks are looking out for your safety. Safety and security are of utmost importance when it comes to delivering great customer service.

As for the pillow situation, we have “less plush” pillows at the front desk for guests who prefer them. So going forward, they are available for you if you need them.

Thanks again for the kind words and we hope to see you on your next return trip to Morgantown.

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I came to check in around 2:00 PM, due to a snow storm, and Jessica was more than happy to take care of me. She even upgraded me to a suite, at no charge, with a big smile on her face. My stay of 4 nights was exceptional, due to the friendliness of the staff and the clean/quiet room. There was no fitness center, but I asked if I could shovel the sidewalks for my workout; Jessica said "No! We pay people to do that", and she probably thought I was nuts. But I shoveled a bit to express my thanks for the upgrade. Nightly complimentary soup was tasty and hit the spot on frosty evenings. This was a great place to stay, and Jessica and Chris were always professional, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WVUFan121060, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hi Gary. Thanks for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites of Morgantown for your “Safe Haven” from the frigid and wintry weather that we’ve been having.

Jessica and Chris are both a big asset to our staff and I am glad to hear that they took good care of you. However, your “snow shoveling workout” was totally was worthy of a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Thank YOU for the kind gesture.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Complimentary Daily Soup Selection (it's always a nice treat). We hope to see you again when you are back in Morgantown.

Warmest Regards,
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very clean, helpful staff, good breakfast, good I79 access but just a bit too small for me. There were 2 of us, neither of us are large people but one night was enough. A single or business traveller could probably do a few nights.

There wasn't enough room to put things on. The window seat could have just been a shelf since it was not very comfortable and that would have solved the storage problem. Also there were no reading lights, just a big fluorescent light across the entire bed, I couldn't read due to this overlighting of the bed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Hello Jacqueline. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks for making mention of the cleanliness of our rooms and the helpfulness of our staff. Remember, at Microtel Inn & Suites, it’s all about the satisfaction of our guests! We appreciate your patronage.

When it comes to our rooms, they come in all different sizes. I invite you to make your next reservation through us at the hotel, that way, you can tell us exactly what you expect in a room and we’ll will make sure that you don’t feel so cramped and have plenty of space to enjoy.

Thanks again for the nice review and we hope to see you again real soon.

Regards,