“Not worth drive”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not worth drive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Long drive to get there. From far away looked great. When we got close in bad need of repair. Pond was grimy. Do not waste time or gas.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank kathy15120

Ohio
256 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“Such a weird but wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

You would never expect a temple like this to be found off in rural West Virginia, yet here it is. It is truly a beautiful site to behold. The grounds, including lily pond, rose garden, outside the palace, as well as everything down by the temple (and the temple itself) are all free to see. If you want a tour of the palace, there is a small fee, but this is covered if you have a Moundsville tourism pass.

The tour guide was very nice and knowledgeable and explained aspects of his religion to us in terms we would be familiar. For instance, he would talk about a religious event and then give an analogy to an event within the Christianity so we could better understand what he was talking about. At no time was there any pushing of his beliefs on anybody in the tour.

Some complain about the road getting to the palace or the state of the palace itself. However, I would offer that the palace has no control over the horrible road leading to it. Also, I would note that the members of this faith do all the work on the building themselves, so while it is in some disrepair, it is obvious that they are working on it as best they can.

I'm definitely glad I made the trip.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank ut_jd
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“poor tele customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hare Krishna,

Recently we have experienced awful customer service from iskcon operators. One would call if they have questions... Like we value your time, we expect the same courtesy from your end. I was on call and even before I could finish my conversation or end my call... iskcon telephone operator hanged on me,… this is unbelievably rude service... Sorry to say it isn’t expected from temple folks who should state themselves as an example to world and have welcome tone to public.

Even the manager behaved the same.
Thanks

Visited July 2014
5 Thank a g
Wheeling
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Neat :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful! Peaceful, calm. Secluded.
I live near here but usually people have a very hard time finding it. The roads here and near here are bad so be careful if visiting!

2 Thank Maia G
wv
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nothing special for the $8.00 they charge you for the mini tour,the palace is pretty but they need to do some repairs to the grounds.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank cainrcc

Been to Palace of Gold? Share your experiences!