“One of the Best Hotels I've stayed in traveling for work.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moundsville
Howard, Ohio
“One of the Best Hotels I've stayed in traveling for work.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel was excellent. I found out I had to be in that area for work the day I needed to get down there. Made a reservation for that night but they were booked the following night. I checked in, everyone was so pleasant & nice. They really cared if I had everything I needed. I asked if I could get a late checkout since there weren't any available rooms the next day, they said absolutely. Other wise I'd have to finish typing/paperwork in my car for a couple hours. Went to my room & it was exceptionally clean & really modern. The next morning a room opened up & they let me have it. I had to change rooms due to me being in a king & the other room was 2 queens. Not their fault, was totally grateful I was able to stay another night. They were able to get me from one room to the next right away. Instead of waiting the 4 hour difference between checkout & check in time. Like I said , they actually care about you as a client. Most hotels act like it troubles them to accommodate your needs. Even if it was trouble for them, they didn't show it & didn't make me feel that I was troubling them. Everyone who travels for work knows how hard it can be especially last minute travels. I've been doing this going on 10 years now & You hope the hotel is the least of your worries but usually it's the biggest. Sleep Inn & Suites in Moundsville WV made it so easy & was truly amazing. If your looking for a hotel in that area, that's the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Joan G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are so happy we were able to accommodate you during your stay in our area. We try to meet each guests needs to the best of our ability and are happy we could help you out. Please know that we hope you are able to stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay on our trip from Iowa to DC. Decided on this place at 11 pm and couldn't have been happier. Extremely clean!! Staff was very nice and helpful. Great breakfast too. Would stay again in a heartbeat and recommend you do too.

Stayed July 2014
Joan G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are so happy you found us on your travels and fortunate to have had rooms for you to stay at such a late hour! We're glad that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay and we look forward to seeing you again next trip!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After staying in 4 different hotels over a two week period, including the Ritz-Carlton in Denver, we booked a room to stay for just a night at this Sleep Inn. When a friend of ours passed away that day and we needed a room for the next night, the Sleep inn was full. That's when Carrie, the desk clerk that night, went into action. Within minutes, she was able to juggle things around and she found us a room. This is just one example of the exemplary service we have received there on several visits. PLUS you get free breakfast, free simple-to-connect internet, free printing at the business center with a huge TV, a microwave and a fridge in the room. Can't say the same about the Ritz - everything was a separate charge and you're already paying 5 times the rate for the room. We could not have been happier with our stay here. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I am so glad that we were able to help you during a difficult time. Carrie is one in a million! We appreciate your kind words concerning our facility and staff. We sure hope to see you again soon!
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel while doing an overnight paranormal investigation at the West Virginia Penn and we were very happy with our stay. The hotel is new and very clean, the staff was very friendly and the rooms are comfortable. The only minor complaint was that the walls are thin and we could hear what was going on in the room next to us. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and will be staying the next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We are please that you found our hotel to meet your needs while visiting one of our awesome tourist locations-the penitentiary! We strive to make each stay a comfortable one. I apologize for the noise issue-we actually haven't had too many complaints with the walls and noise. However, we do hope that you come back to see us again soon!
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for a week when I was working, very nice staff, great coffee and free hot breakfast. Rooms were clean and they had laundry service, WiFi was good, comfortable bed. What more could you ask for. Also was close to walmart which is always nice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Joan G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for your many kind words! We try really hard to meet all of your needs as you stay away from home and we are glad we were able to help you!! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Morrow, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Two motorcycling couples stayed at this motel on Saturday May 24, 2014. The motel was new and the room was clean and comfortable. Nice large screen TV. The hot breakfast was great! The staff were pleasant and accommodating. We would recommend to all our motorcycling friends and about 13 miles south off I-470/I-70 and Wheeling, WV or St Clairsville, OH.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joan G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We are so happy we were able to make your stay pleasant! We work hard to make each visit a positive one! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Villa Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The wife and I booked a nite at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Moundsville . This place is wonderful . The girl who checked us in was super and very helpful . The room accommodations were standard but everything was spotless . The beds were more than comfortable . Had a pizza delivered from DeFelices Bros Pizza . delivery was free and delivered on time and was delicious. The breakfast was hot or cold with many choices and the area was spotless . When we return in the summer we are planning to stay here again . Checking out was a breeze thanks to Carrie .Everyone was so friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stephen364
Joan G, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for the many nice things you have said about our hotel. We strive to make each guests' stay an enjoyable one! We look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moundsville
Hampton Inn Wheeling
Hampton Inn Wheeling
#1 of 8 in Wheeling
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 5 in New Martinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia/wheeling
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Martinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 5 in New Martinsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Triadelphia Wheeling Area
SpringHill Suites Wheeling

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Moundsville? Share your experiences!