“On the road......cheap hotel”

Days Inn Mount Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Hope
Tavistock, Ontario
“On the road......cheap hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

As has been stated, it is no much to look at.
Lady at front desk was helpful.
We were in room 109......as we opened the door to a non-smoking room the stink of smoke was obvious.
Some bedding and chairs had smoke burns.
Pool was good and thete was enough to eat for breaky.
If you get it cheap it is a good deal

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gribs44
Sharon T, General Manager at Days Inn Mount Hope, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Please accept our apologies for the substandard condition of your room. Your comments and concerns have been addressed and we be ordering new curtains and bedspreads for all our rooms. Again thank you, your comments are appreciated.
Sharon Tilley, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel was close to our rafting trip site the next morning so that was convenient for us. We had a bit of trouble finging the place cuz it was way off the road. There was a big indoor pool. Our room was recently remodeled, clean and free of smoke smell. The checkin woman was friendly and efficient. The towels were decent and the room was very quiet. Breakfast consisted of waffles and oatmeal along with the various toast, bagels, fruit, etc. Internet worked well. TV was really small but there were a lot of channels.

Room Tip: Away from the front area will be nice and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at our Days Inn of Mount Hope. We are so pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Looking for a cheap sleep while traveling, picked up the coupon book on the highway rest stop. A bit horrified by the outside....looked like it had been closed. Lobby was only marginally better. Room, however, was fine. Clean, apparently updated. No problem at all. The spartan breakfast (no flabby sausage or hockey - puck omelets) featured a crock of oatmeal. I liked it better than the horrible full breakfast featured at these chain hotels. Wi - Fi was good. Used the indoor pool...seemed clean enough...walls, furniture a bit distressed.
If you are brave enough to go inside after you pull up, you'll be fine.

Room Tip: No elevator if that matters, ask for first floor room. Other than that, I don't think it makes m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bflobear11
Thank you for taking time to post a comment about our property. We are a bit too late this year for planting flowers, but our goal for next spring is to plant some flowering shrubs and filling our planters full of beautiful flowers. This will make the outside more appealing for our guests. Again thanks for the input and we hope to get your opinion again, once we get this project completed.
New Lisbon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

So, by very nature I should hate everything about this hotel since my car broke down at 12:05 p.m. It was after 5:30 before the tow truck driver delivered my car to the shop and took me to a favorite local hotel. As we pulled in the parking lot I was mortified and took a deep breath. I have never stayed at a NICE Days Inn: it is a rule of mine to never stay at Days Inn Hotels because of past experiences.

I made it too the lobby and I could tell this was not like any Days Inn I have ever stayed at. Dustin was very helpful at checkin and later helped me log onto my I pad. We had a lovely chat about cars, restaurants, and amenities of course. Vending machines, ice, fitness room, and business center all on the way to my room. I was surprised by the lovely clean smell of my room as I opened the door. The bedding was pretty, the carpet clean and not out dated, with tv, fridge, microwave, desk, sofa, and room for the King size bed I was so happy to be here tonight. I sat outside in a rocking chair and enjoyed my new found appreciation for Days Inn here in Mount Hope. If only the car dealer fixing my car can make me this happy.

Room Tip: Many options. Some rooms are very far from the pool and breakfast area. If this is a concern plea...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Floyd, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We needed a motel for the July 4th weekend of golf at the Greenbrier Classic. The Mount Hope Days Inn was the closest motel we could find and we were pleasantly surprised. Nothing fancy but the room was large and clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was located very close to tons of restaurants and shopping and very easy access to the interstate.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wendover
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was a okay place to stay did not compare to the days Inn in Indiania. Which really shocked me. it was a quite place settled in the mountains. And a easy access to the freeway. the staff could not get my wydham rewards to get my discount which disappointed me

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very satisfied with this one night stop, Florida to Ontario; nicely split the drive in half. Lobby, rooms, kitchenette were clean & pleasant. Service friendly. Breakfast average, as all overnighters are. No complaints here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Travelodge Beckley
Travelodge Beckley
#7 of 14 in Beckley
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beckley

Been to Days Inn Mount Hope? Share your experiences!