“Like staying in an Ash Tray” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center

Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Like staying in an Ash Tray”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

As I entered the hotel it smelt musty, then entering the corridor for my room the smell got worse. The room although clean and comfortable smelt terrible of cigarette smoke (old musty). I asked other attendees, they had the same, and pointless asking for a change. Had to have all my clothes laundered at the next hotel as the smell was impregnated in them.

Room Tip: There aren't good rooms, they all smell terrible of cigarettes.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

From the minute i called to reaerve a room till my last night some of the FRONT DESK people were down right rude! I would not of stayed there if it hadnt been for the fact it was right next to the place i had to be early the next morning! The lady that took my 1st call put me on hold for 8 minutes when all i was asking for was the rates! Then got smart with me when i told her i was on the phone that long! I was told because I was a WV resident that I had to have a credit card for a deposit, which you expect from most hotels, but not just because you are a wv resident are they not worried about other state residents?? Out of my whole 2 night 3 day stay I only encountered 2 nice front desk people, one gentlemen named Justin and an older woman with long hair that was working night shift, I am very sorry I did not get her name because she was super nice to me, my daughter and her friend! She treated us like she knew us forever! The pool attendent guy was also very nice! I also did not get his name! I know this is a long review but i worked as a front desk agent and i have never in my life seen so many rude people greeting customers!!! They should know the 1st impression is the most important! I really think they need to be trained better or find staff that are willing to do their job the correct way! One lady yelled at my girls because they needed change for the soda machine that would not take dollar bills she told them it was not her job to give them change! Excuse me but yes it is! Its your job to make sure we enjoy our stay!!!! I was so mad after i hears that! Holiday Lidge you would have a great hotel if only your staff had better attitudes! That was my worst hotel experience ever!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was here for a meeting (2 night stay). Rooms are basic (TV, coffee maker, beds, table, security box....) No frige in room though? Staff is helpful and friendly. The bar allows smoking, so I can not tell you much about that (non-smoker). We did our meals in the dining facility, and not sure they were ready for a group? One of the plates had something molding stuck to the bottom of one (hence on the top of another plate). Kinda sick looking for food service.

Room Tip: Second floor is off the lobby, they do have an elevator for other floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were looking for the Holiday Inn, but found it was now a former Holiday Inn called the Holiday Lodge. Front desk staff was very helpful and not only gave us a great price on a dog-friendly room, but let us see it before we committed. Room was clean and comfortable, but the hallway carpet was badly worn and the hall security doors were noisy. Our original parking place was not lighted after dark, so we decided to move the car. We used 10% off coupon at restaurant and meal was very good, though service was slow. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Whilst the location is convenient for the New River Gorge and attendant activities (I was there for Bridge Day 2012), the hotel and staff is sub-standard by every measure. From a bungled check-in process, surly staff, noisy rooms, basic accomodation, room clocks (and TV) set to the wrong time, stained carpets & towels, and an obscure alarm which sounded in the middle of the night for two of the three nights I stayed there, I found zero redemming features of this property. All this at an eye watering $165 per night (two night minimum) for a once per year event. I shall make a point of staying at any hotel but this one when I next visit the area.

Room Tip: Look for an alternative hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
DC area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

An old motel/lodge that needs updating. Fine if you dont plan to hang in your room much...and why would you with the incredible New River Gorge around you?!
The beds are older and lumpy, bathrooms older, old TV's, drapes dont quite cover the windows, stained carpets and some hallways smell of smoke. Cleaning of your room is spotty-they missed me one day entirely. the pool and spa are so old and was surrounded by a scary and rusted ceiling...not real inviting. did not see anyone using it during our 3 days there. also, the fitness center had two decent treadmills and 2 bikes that were OK and thats about it. the strongest asset was the desk staff, who were all terrific and friendly.

Room Tip: ask for room away from the highway and far from smoking rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

The rooms were good and comfortable.
The staff was friendly. There are two computers in the lobby for guests to use, very nice. Limited WIFI connections, had to continue to try for 30 minutes.
We booked as a group and needed 8 rooms, they didn't put our rooms close together.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Mount Hope
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
The Resort at Glade Springs
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Beckley

Been to Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!