“Look Elsewhere”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Saline, Michigan
“Look Elsewhere”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When we first arrived and checked in to this hotel, it seemed like no one wanted to check us in. The 2 workers at the desk ignored me and when I was finally acknowledged, the lady checked kept cracking her gum. Not very professional. The hotel is so run down. The veneer was peeling off the bathroom door, the wallpaper and paint peeling, it smelled so musty and the air conditioning only worked well if we ran it down to 60. They don't seem to want to replace your soap, shampoo, toilet paper and barely leave you enough towels and cloths. The housekeeping really sucks for that reason-if I am there several days I expect to be restocked properly. The elevator smelled so bad of smoke (why?). If I am spending over $100.00 a night, I just expect something a little better. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Tracy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

From what I understand this is a two star property, however it is actually a good sized hotel styled property. It is not a motel. There is a gym and indoor pool area. We were looking for somewhere to stay overnight and I believe this was a good choice. The breakfast was not great but it was hot and the staff were friendly. If you are looking to stay in this area, this would be as good a choice as any

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Troy B
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel was a 2nd choice as our 1st choice would not accommodate our group. We have discussed moving to our next location one day earlier just to get out of this hole. The carpet is disgusting, the restaurant had to "go to the grocery store to get our food", the workout area equipment was battered and unsafe. I will say the bathroom was clean but the towels were older and wearing thin. We were warned to not leave anything in our car as the bar attached to the hotel gets rowdy. Only stay at this place if you are too tired to move on to another location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SRLittin
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Not many amenities, but enough to sleep. Breakfast ok, nothing fresh, eggs tasted funny both days.The biggest hassle was with xpedia. I needed to cancel a night at this hotel. I called and they were OK with it. Called X and was on hold alot. They needed to call hotel. I got disconnected. I called back the hotel and they said they needed confirmation that X would not bill them for a commission for the room. Bottom line it took me 40 minutes to do this and I'm still not sure I'm not going to get billed by expedia for 2 nights here. Had problems at check in with expedia. Night desk gal was pretty poor. Had a loud A/C first night but we changed rooms the second and that one was OK.

Room Tip: Check the A/C unit for noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cache_n_out
Fort Myers
Reviewed 20 April 2014

VERY clean rooms....and very comfortable beds...wonderful breakfast....don't forget to use your 10% off coupon for the dining room. Easy on and off highway...Take your free cup of coffee or tea back to your roon

Room Tip: rooms on the same floor as check in
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Needed a place to stay while traveling back from Florida. The weather turned cold and it started to snow. The room was clean, staff was friendly. There is a restaurant in the hotel. Food was reasonably priced and received a 10% off card for the restaurant when we checked in. After traveling all day it was a nice surprise to find a heated swimming pool to relax in after dinner. Have paid a lot more for a lot less in a hotel. Is located right off of Route 19.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I did not find anything special about this hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, TV reception in the room was below average. There was a surprisingly high number of cable stations to watch which made the TV quality even more disappointing.

Stayed November 2013
#1 of 1 in Mount Hope
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beckley East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beckley
The Resort at Glade Springs

Been to Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!