“Loved Loved Loved”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Hill
ACE Adventure Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a very cute Cedar cabin, very affordable for the week. The mud obstacle course was a fun. We went on the all day lower river whitewater trip and Wow had such a great time! Our guide Mike was awesome! Felix from the dinner was a cook not a server but he was very very nice and took very good care of us! Wish we got this good of service back home!! Can't wait to book another trip! We will be requesting our favorite river guide for that one! Thanks Ace Mike and Felix you made our summer vacation one to never forget!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christy C

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have returned to Ace twice for an AWESOME time. This year we did an overnight family rafting trip with two 8 year-olds. The river was beautiful, as always, the food was amazing, and inflatable duckies made the Class 3 rapids exciting, especially for the kids. But what really MADE the trip was our guide, cook, historian, and entertainer "Mr. Kent". He not only made us feel safe taking our little ones down the river but was wonderfully responsive to their endless questions, patient when they were tired, and encouraging of their efforts to try new things (Jump Rock, woo-hoo!) We also learned that he is a world-class chef! It seems he is best known on the river for his Mountain O' Nachos and his breakfasts, which not only fed us well, but provided enough delicious food to feed an entire outfit of raft guides! Kent has been working on the river for more than 30 years and clearly loves his job. I personally enjoyed learning about the history of the river and surrounding towns in addition to getting a taste of the culture of those who live and work on the river. Thanks, KENT, for a great vacation!! At the end of the second day our kids played in the water park until near dark and had a marvelous time while we relaxed and watched them on the beach. I highly recommend Ace for family trips. I have always had a great experience that is well worth the money!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We are an active family and have rafted and zip lined before both in the US and South America. That behind said, I question the safety of this resort. Climbing slippery rocks to each zip line station was treacherous. A boardwalk of some type is desperately needed. The rafting was even worse. Groups of kids not listening to directions, way too much goofing off and general disregard for the rules is an accident waiting to happen. Someone fell out of our raft and no one even noticed! He quickly was caught up in a flurry of paddles from another raft. We yelled for them to stop paddling and finally our guide noticed. Unacceptable. I witnessed several other close calls, including a young man come within inches so smashing into rocks while "threading the needle" on the advice of his guide. I didn't feel safe, and I'm not sure anyone there was capable of addressing serious injuries. Just not worth the risk...

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NotEZ2BMe
Heidi P, Manager at ACE Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello,

We just wanted to write to let you know that we have read your review of us online. We appreciate your effort to let us know of your concerns. We know how busy life can be, so again, thank you for your time. Safety is our number one priority at ACE. Our guides are trained to run the safest trips possible, while still allowing our guests to have fun and make some risk decisions on their own. Our guides are also ALL trained in CPR and First Aid and nearly all trip leaders have much more advanced medical certifications and swift water rescue training. That being said, we do not like hearing that you left our trip not feeling that safety was a top concern. I am making sure both the river managers and the zip line manager are aware of your review. Should you want to talk about this further, feel free to shoot me an email at heidi@aceraft.com.

Heidi Prior
Social Media Manager at ACE Adventure Resort

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We did an overnight camping trip on the Upper New River with two adults and two eight year old girls. Our guide, Kent, was excellent. He let us take our ride with plenty of thrills but made us feel safe at the safe time. We had a spectacular lunch and dinner spread each night made by our guide. He carried more spices than I keep at home! The inflatable rides at the lake were also a huge hit. Only good things to say about ACE!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a really enjoyable experience staying at this resort this weekend. Their camp grounds are well maintained and the customer service was excellent. Enjoyed my first rafting trip and our guide Randy was outstanding and extremely knowledgeable! As far as Musicfest goes it was a great venue for a concert but the band selections were poor and some were just advanced karaoke. Will definitely return but not for Musicfest unless they can land a headliner or two!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited Ace for the Mountain Music Festival. The festival was amazing however, we were even more impressed by the Ace Resort staff and facilities. Every single staff member we encountered was great. They were helpful, informative, and seemed genuinely happy to be there. Megan, our rafting guide, was awesome!!! She was personable, knowledgeable, and made our first whitewater rafting experience a great one. Along with the great staff, the clean and well-maintained facilities will definitely have us coming back to Ace! Thanks Ace!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It's no exaggeration when I rate this place a 5 of 5. I camped in the grounds for a festival. Staff members were joyful and helpful. Beautiful, and COOL layout of land, thank you, Trees. CLEAN, ACCESSIBLE BATHROOMS AND SHOWERS. One toilet, one shower per room, and I hardly had to wait. So impressive. The lake playground was such a highlight of my stay. There are so many activities I want to do sometime, but I had too much fun to find time that weekend. Believe that I'll be back many times in the future. Recommended to everyone.

Room Tip: I camped, but the A-frames are so inviting and adorable. With a hot tub.