Nine of us just returned from our Ace Adventure. Just getting there is the first adventure if you are traveling in an RV on those mountain curves. Six of us stayed in two of the cabins and 3 used the campground. Camping was spacious and enjoyable with good location near showers but they did leave something to be desired. Cabins were nice with hot tub and picnic table. A fire pit is provided at each cabin also. Our cabin had a futon which would not be comfortable for sleeping but only one used it and we placed 4 pillows and one rolled up blanket on it and made it more comfortable for one person to sleep. If you go, be sure to buy the meal package. There were incredible buffets for breakfast (lots of fruit, cereal, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sweet rolls, etc) and the dinner buffet was incredible. One night we had barbecued fibs that were fabulous! The real reason to go there is for the adventure and those who did white water rafting and zip lining said it was incredible. Their guides made it so much fun. Our "adventurers" ranged in age from 12 to 72 and the "old guy" had a blast!! For those who cannot do the adventuress, there are sightseeing areas. We went to a winery and sightseeing. We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured on the Travel Channel, we offer amazing vacations, most of them wet! We are North America's largest outdoor vacation resort, where you can try whitewater rafting, zip line canopy tours, kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, paintball, ATV tours, a mud obstacle course, alpine tower, stand up paddle boarding, fishing, horseback riding, a bridge catwalk tour, or relax on the beach of our 5-acre lake full of inflatable toys. Come get away from it all on our 1,500-acre property in Southern West Virginia. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ace Adventure Hotel Oak Hill
- Ace Adventure Center Hotel
- ACE Adventure Resort Oak Hill, West Virginia