We just had a fabulous weekend at Ace Adventure Resort, two families with 5 children ages 6,9,10,12 and 13 along with 4 adults and everyone had a great time! When we arrived Saturday it was raining and unseasonably cool out we had reserved a raft trip on the Upper New for Sunday morning along with half day lake passes to be used Saturday afternoon when we checked in the clerk told us they would go ahead and let us use the half day Monday as well as Saturday since the weather was a little iffy, worked out great we were able to enjoy all the toys on the lake on Saturday when it wasn't very crowded at all, all 9 of us had a blast, the kids espresso ally liked the zip line, blob and bungee trampoline. We reserved two Cedar Cabins which were super cute, no running water or bathroom but they did have cold AC, a fan, comfortable beds, a small fridge and coffee maker. Common bathrooms were a short walk. If say the cabins would sleep 6 comfortably. We enjoyed the raft trip on Sunday, our group had a raft and a Duckie (inflatable kayak) two of the more daring kiddos spent the day in the Duckie while the rest of us enjoyed the larger raft, a few exciting rafts but overall a pretty easy trip, the guides were great and seemed to be really concerned that we were having a good time. We stopped a few times on the trip to swim, eat lunch and jump off a rock overall it was a great day for all. During the weekend we ate at the dinner buffet and breakfast buffet twice and were pleasantly surprised with the selection and quality of the food, kinda on the pricey side though. There wee many activities we didn't have time to do over the weekend but we look forward to returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured on the Travel Channel, we offer amazing vacations, most of them wet! We are North America's largest outdoor vacation resort, where you can try whitewater rafting, zip line canopy tours, kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, paintball, ATV tours, a mud obstacle course, alpine tower, stand up paddle boarding, fishing, horseback riding, a bridge catwalk tour, or relax on the beach of our 5-acre lake full of inflatable toys. Come get away from it all on our 1,500-acre property in Southern West Virginia. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ace Adventure Hotel Oak Hill
- Ace Adventure Center Hotel
- ACE Adventure Resort Oak Hill, West Virginia