Spent 4 days here in the cedar cabins. Although the weather wasn't cooperative, the staff at ACE did. We had a great time on the river, went mountain-biking (great suggestions from staff!), and hiking on some fabulous trails. The layout in the cabins is nice - 2 queen and 2 trundles, which means that everyone in fam of 5 can have their own bed. Everyone from the folks who cleaned the bathrooms to the desk staff, bike shop, lake, and rafting were knowledgeable, friendly, and went the extra mile. Cannot wait to come back. Will probably stay somewhere a little closer to the center of activity at ACE next time as with the rain and mud, the drive was sometimes a bit of a hassle. Huge property, but you've done a great job developing while keeping the outdoors feel. Lots to do for all ages. Wish we were back already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured on the Travel Channel, we offer amazing vacations, most of them wet! We are North America's largest outdoor vacation resort, where you can try whitewater rafting, zip line canopy tours, kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, hiking, paintball, ATV tours, a mud obstacle course, alpine tower, stand up paddle boarding, fishing, horseback riding, a bridge catwalk tour, or relax on the beach of our 5-acre lake full of inflatable toys. Come get away from it all on our 1,500-acre property in Southern West Virginia. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ace Adventure Hotel Oak Hill
- Ace Adventure Center Hotel
- ACE Adventure Resort Oak Hill, West Virginia