“Perfect”

The Blennerhassett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Spent one beautiful night. Had breakfast next day for 7. It was excellent would definitely recommend this hotel. Everything was clean and perfect. On national registry so will forgive slow elevator. I give it 99/100. Hope to go back. Parkersburg is not a prime destination but if you are there check this hotel out even if you are not staying there.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank hrposse

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel and room were very nice. Had a bit of a problem when I was double charged on 2 credit cards as I used one to reserve the room and the other to pay. I spent some time with the help of the manager to sort it out. Downtown Parkersburg is pretty much a ghost town. Don't expect to find anything thriving there. And don't wander too far out of the historic Julie Anne District with its lovingly restored houses. You will find yourself in unsafe neighborhoods. I won't go back to this faded beauty of a city.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel, away from street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jeffy_18
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Husband and I decided to take a spur of the moment road trip along the Ohio River Valley in West Virginia. On the recommendation of a native of Parkersburg, we called the hotel mere hours before we were to arrive and they were able to accommodate us. Upon arrival around 10pm check in went quickly and several staff members offered to assist us with locating parking (or valet) and helping with luggage. The room was absolutely outstanding and for every bit as excellent as the room was, the bathroom was even better (there was a TV in the bathroom, overlooking the jacuzzi tub). For breakfast we had room service bring it to us and it worked out flawlessly. The food was excellent. We parked in the free lot behind the hotel and, frankly, the only negative thing we can think of from the entire experience is that an animal urinated under our car and it was quite the scent experience for a few hours until it all burned off/evaporated. Next time we're in Parkersburg we will definitely check here first.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eightwednesday
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Enjoyed a 2 night stay. Hotel has a lot of character. Older, but with charm and quality.

Can be noisy from neighboring rooms. Parking (free) was open lot behind the hotel.
Dinner was very good. Very nice live jazz in the lounge on Monday nights

Breakfast was good, but service (both days) was very slow. If you are in a hurry, suggest you use the Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KenHudson
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had stayed at this hotel before and it's a nice hotel. Staff for the most part was helpful and friendly. Food at the luncheon and banquet was very good.
Problem: I had reserved a double room for a business meeting as I was sharing the room with a colleague. When I got to the room I found a king and a sofa. The manager said the hotel was full and she couldn't/wouldn't give me a different room. She then said the notation on my reservation said "a double room may or may not be available" which was news to me. Will not be staying here again without a written confirmation with exact details.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Loism25
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My family came to town for a wedding and was very surprised to find this gem in downtown Parkersburg. The rooms were large and the furnishings were nice - a great blend of a classic hotel and modern conveniences. Overall I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 311Geoff
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My previous visit to the Blennerhassett was for a business conference. I found the parking inconvenient, the rooms small, and was generally unimpressed. Fortunately, I chose to return, although this time, it was a weekend getaway with my wife. Our room was considerably larger, and I really was able to appreciate the luxurious surroundings. The internet service was still spotty, but I didn't need to work on those reports anyway. The beautiful furnishings and lush, comfy beddings were just what we needed for a relaxing retreat. Service and amenities were top-notch, and I definitely recommend the bar downstairs. Parking was still inconvenient, but the valet parking option made it less so. Would I recommend the Blennerhassett for a conference? No. But as a weekend getaway with that special person, it's quite nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 20runner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Parkersburg
Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg

Been to The Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!