“Our Blennerhassett Experience”

The Blennerhassett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I was celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary and was looking for a nice place to get away without the kids. We made a reservation for a King room at the Blennerhassett. I have been accustom to nicer rooms so we inquired about upgrading to a suite. We had never stayed there before and they were very accomodating...even letting us view all the signature suites available for the evening before making our decision.

We decided on the William Morris Suite. It seemed to have a more spacious feel and good flow with the bathroom entry sitting far from the door entry.

I have to tell you that the shower stall in this bathroom is HUGE. The picture that I posted is half the size of the shower stall. With water shooting out from overhead, from the sides, in the front and from the back side...I felt like I was in a carwash for people. It was completely amazing. They spare no expense with toiletries nor the well appointed rooms.

Our view was looking over the town of Parkersburg and the street view. I loved it!

Our bed was a huge king size bed that required me to use the small step stool to get into it that evening. It was super comfortable and I prayed that I didn't fall out of bed because I was going to get hurt with the height. lol.

I loved that I didn't have to miss my Keurig as there was one in the room. I was starting to catch a cold so the complimentary peppermint tea was a nice feature after my super hot car wash experience and bed time.

We had no problems with gaining access to the internet and was impressed with the cleanliness of the small 2nd floor common area.

The only downside...our room smelled musty and felt damp. It could have just been from my cold coming on and it being magnified. The surroundings were so beautiful that I didn't want another room so we toughed out the musty smell. Although, I am coughing my head off now and wonder if it didn't aggravate it. The other thing was the AC was loud which is fine because it produced a white noise but when it clicked off, it was dead silence. I kept being awoken by the loud click and silence.

That was our only issue. Staff was amazing, location is amazing, amenities are amazing, room was amazing. This is a gem for Parkersburg. It has been around a long time and pray it stays for many years. Maybe next time, I won't have breathing issues and will pack some ear plugs.

Room Tip: Our AC was noisy but I feel every room in this hotel will be beautiful and well appointed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed overnight for a romantic get away, and enjoyed the experience. The accommodations were good and full of classic charm. The Spats restaurant at the hotel had outstanding service and even better food, making our visit a memorable one all the way around.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adamsworld
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The Blennerhassett hotel is beautiful. The lobby is decorated with dark wood and big over sized furniture. Everything is big and plush and has a very rich feeling to it. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are big with comfortable beds. This is a historic hotel but with all the modern conveniences.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here for over a month. The hotel looks nice and the maintenance guy is always working to make it beautiful. Other than the hotel restaurant the other restaurants in the area close around 5:00 pm or are closed on the weekend. The parking lot can fill up quickly. No one told me that I could park in the county court lot and they would give a pass. I could hear people outside the door all hours of the night which doesn't work when you work the next day. Unlike the experience of others I found the staff very unfriendly. No one greeted me each morning nor would they even look up - the only exception was the staff in the Starbucks who were reasonably friendly. The beds were comfortable and the shower was great. Overall a nice hotel but not made for people with extended stays and my experience with the staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank harlings4
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have just returned home from our second stay at the Blennerhassett Hotel. It is a very classic older Hotel, with great personality. The staff were attentive and friendly. The beds were very comfortable and little details like ice delivery at 6pm were appreciated. We celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel was awesome. The rooms were clean and decorated ever so nice. The food was better than most hotel food. The gem had many hotels beat, also. Staff were very friendly. There is only one word for this hotel and it is GRAND!! I would surely recommend it over any hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a weekend get-together of three siblings with spouses. We picked Blennerhassett and Parkersburg primarily because it was "equally inconvenient" for each of the three couples, but it turned out to be a good choice. The property style is "updated Victorian elegance" and reminds me of a good small European hotel. I suppose some would call it "charming", but it was not overdone. The "standout" feature was the staff; all accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. Two of the couples had pets (dogs). The pets were not only accepted, but welcomed, with names in the lobby, treats, and bowls in the rooms. We had two dinners and a breakfast. The food was good, wide choice, and well served. Overall, a good value.

Room Tip: This is a "city" hotel with traffic. If you are sensitive to traffic noise, try for a room...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Parkersburg
Wingate by Wyndham Vienna Parkersburg

Been to The Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!