“Time away from the world”
Review of Avalon Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paw Paw
Avalon Resort
burgh757@verizon.net
“Time away from the world”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Avalon is a very unique experience. There are so many stressful experiences in life and they all disappear in this beautiful resort situated in the WVA mountains. One can be as active as they want with indoor and outdoor pools, tennis and petanque courts and indoor/outdoor volleyball. You can participate in dances and planned activities or relax while walking in the woods and enjoying the lovely surroundings. There are lodge rooms or condos for rent as well as a roomy, full service campground. Pets on leash are permitted.

Room Tip: Like rooms in the center of the lodge overlooking the mountains. Condos are nice if you like to have...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank scarletd0g

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Charleston, WV
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We've stayed at Avalon several times over the last ten years. In the summer or on theme weekends, it can be a entertaining place to be. We've always stay in the lodge which connects directly to the pool and hot tub area, dinner room, and bar making it very convenient. The outside pool is just a short walk away. The lodge rooms are not fancy but comfortable. There are no TVs in the room or cell phone service, but there is WIFI available. If you want to get away from it all, this is the place. We were there on a Friday night. We had a good meal in the dining room and enjoyed hanging out in the bar. Had a nice stay. Normally we would have stayed Saturday night, but had to be elsewhere. We thought about stopping on Sunday, but everything closes up a 8 PM so we decided to pass.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the dining room are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sel2512
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have been going to Avalon for years and have always loved the experience. Great place. Nice people. Relaxing. Unfortunately, this last trip had one incident that I feel I must report. There was a wine tasting on Saturday. One of the ladies who participated drank a lot and apparently continued to drink the rest of the day. By dinner time, she was LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. She was hanging on people and making quite a scene. I went the next day to report the incident and was literally stopped cold when I got to the office. There is a photo board of staff. The loud, obnoxious drunk was on staff. Her name is Gette. Why was an employee crocked on duty? She was listed as the guest DJ. Even more disquieting, I also recognized one of the "witnesses" to the incident. She is the Assistant Manager. She sat there during the incident and did not see fit to try to stop it or escort the drunk out. Seeing this, I figured it was not worth my time to file a complaint. Who should I send it to? The Assistant manager was there and did not seem inclined to intervene. Anyone can get out of control, but it's pretty disturbing when one of the employees is the one who is unruly.

It’s really to bad, because other than this, I have always found Avalon to be a little slice of Heaven on Earth

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank EasternRVman
JodysHusband, Web Master at Avalon Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
The staff member in question, has been spoken too. Our goal is always to ensure that our guests have a wonderful, stress free time. Should an issue arise, please speak to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Office Manager, or another staff member immediately. The sooner we know of an issue, the quicker we can nip it in the bud.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Paw Paw, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Avalon is a wonderful place, either for a short getaway, a weeks vacation or to live here. It has a beautiful indoor pool and 2 hot tubs. It also has an outdoor pool with a snack bar.
There is most always a dance on Saturday nights. There is a Nudsino that is open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. There is a beautiful campground here and lots of trails to walk on.
You are surrounded by beautiful mountains..We bought our first condo at Avalon in 2005 - we moved to Avalon from upstate NY in 2007. We bought our 2nd condo to rent in 2009. We have been doing a great business with our rental unit. Everyone raves about it. Feel free to stop by and visit us at condo 1021.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank WVcondo
Hammondsport, NY
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We went to Avalon in March 2012 for our first time (hint- use the free day pass on their webiste). The staff was great, from providing driving directions, to greeting us Friday evening and getting us settled, to the events throughout our weekend stay. The pool was very nice and I really enjoyed the (2) hot tubs. We stayed in the lodge, which was very convenient to the dining, bar, and pool area. We both enjoyed the planned activities (it was St Patricks weekend) and the ability to do our own thing at any time. We did a fair amount of walking the grounds, and really enjoyed the trails and a very strenuous walk to the local residential community right above Avalon. Our room was right next to the dining hall- a down side because we didn't think about the dance being there one evening and a movie the other, and the walls are paper thin. Next time we will definitely stay more in the middle or maybe in one of the condos. But for convenience, the lodge can't be beat. He was very sad to find out there was no TV in the room, but he survived! I was easily able to hook up to the WIFI from our room and also from the pool area. Cell phone service is pretty much not possible. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Find out what activities are going on in the dining hall after the standard dining hours, and plan y...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank manormeow2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Avalon is the only thing I have ever done that has totally relaxed me. I spent one season tent camping and then bought myself a camper and moved in. I love it there. I have the feeling I never want to leave. Every weekend is different. I love my little get a way and the summers are priceless. Nudity isn't for everyone but if you always wanted to try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank POD618
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 February 2012

When I arrive at Avalon I can feel all my stress just fall off when approaching the gates. The prices are great, the grounds are beautiful, the staff is so courteous an helpfull, and the other guests and residents are very friendly and welcoming!! I would rather drive the 6 hours it takes me to get Avalon, then drive less then an hour and a half, to go to one of the three around me in my area. I can't say enough an I can't wait to go back, again and again!!

Room Tip: I did not stay in a room when I was there I was tent camping. A friend of mine had a room an I did...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PAnudist29

Been to Avalon Resort? Share your experiences!