“Spring Mountain Festival 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homestead Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersburg
Homestead Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Petersburg B&B and Inns
Virginai
“Spring Mountain Festival 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I usually dont like to brag on a place but this little place is worthy of bragging about. Nestled just outside of Petersburg so you are away from the hustle of town. The view at this location is awesome..I was travelling alone this trip and I felt safe staying here. Spoke with Ms Helen very friendly lady. They made you feel very welcomed. I stayed in room #2. The room was very spacious and clean. I loved the country decor of the room very tastefully done. The furniture in the room was well kept. Most importantly this was a smoke free place. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was so relaxing here. Verizon cell phone service doesnt work in Petersburg so noone bothered me...lol so it was time to relax. I am looking forward to staying again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank obxsandrunner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed at the homestead a couple times recently when traveling through the area on business and overall it is a comfortable, well kept motel. The rooms are large with two beds (full or queen, not really sure), a recliner, small table and chair, microwave and fridge. The TVs all seem to be the older tube tvs but work OK. The complimentary internet is usually quick and never seemed to get bogged down even when the place appeared to be full.

I found myself needing to cover the window with something because i didnt like the curtains provided when cars were going by at night but the road noise wasn't bad considering the motel is just off the main road. Noise from adjoining rooms wasn't bad either.

The main downside is that Petersburg is a big farming area, especially chickens, and flies are an issue. However, i would only see one or two in the room at any given time and the motel provides a swatter for the ones that manage to get inside.

For lunch and dinner options make the drive over to Moorefield as Petersburg is mostly chain fast food, I really like O'niells and the Blues Smoke Pit. The stray cat is pretty good as well with lots of different items but can be kind of bland.

Room Tip: Many rooms have a different theme in paintings and wall covering so each one is unique. The end room...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
      Rooms
Aiken, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stopped here after seeing the listing in our AAA book. It was a very comfortable experience, and a great value. Delightful physical setting on a knoll surrounded by farms and mountains. Pleasant views in all directions. Two mature women were running things. (Does that partially explain why it was done so well?) It's an older property, but the rooms were very large and well-maintained. Grounds nicely gardened. Minimal road noise. Small but adequate continental breakfast. We'd go back again anytime we were in the area. (The only minor inconvenience we had was that the wireless did not quite reach to our room at the west end of the motel. Not a big deal for us.) BTW, the proprietor, Helen Groves Hedrick, has authored six children's books. There are some displays about her books in the room set up for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank classicaphilia
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

The room was clean and kept up. The location was good, just outside of town. They offered a small continental breakfast. I would stay hear again. The lady's who run the place were nice. The room was a little musty when we got there but the windows open and the air conditioner helped.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here several times now. The rooms all have different decor and if you have a favorite room you can have your pick. The decor is very simple and kind of country but you couldn't ask for a cleaner room. The place is spotless! The rooms we have stayed in have a microwave, fridge and a coffee maker, no hair dry though so remember to bring your own.

The view is lovely and the staff is the most friendly and accommodating you'll ever meet. We will most likely be needing a place to stay in this area several times a year due to family needs and I am so pleased to know we have such a clean place to stay at a reasonable rate.

I'm picky about where I stay away from home and don't generally stay anywhere that has exterior doors but I honestly feel so safe here that I'm sitting in the room now with the front door open enjoying the breeze and the birds chirping.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1BJ1987
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Canaan Valley Resort
Lost River Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 3 in Lost River
Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge
Lost Forest Bed & Breakfast

Been to Homestead Inn Motel? Share your experiences!