Please don't pay attention to the reviews about being outdated, etc. The lodge and cabins at Pipestem (and Hawks Nest and Twin Falls) are actually fine surviving examples of Bauhaus modernist architecture, designed by none other than Walter Gropius himself (as part of the Architects Collaborative TAC) based in Boston. These three state parks are probably the best (if not only) examples of Bauhas architecture in WV - rustic, modern, organic, lots of wood and glass. I love it and hope they stay the same! Try the restaurant at the Mountain Creek lodge - very nice! The golf course is really fun, cheap, and well maintained - if you don't mind playing with deer and fawn and wild turkeys on the course! Swimming pool is COLD....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vistas of the Bluestone Gorge and exciting array of recreational opportunities make Pipestem Resort State Park a favorite getaway spot. Pipestem offers guests two lodge options: the year-round McKeever Lodge and the seasonal Mountain Creek Lodge. McKeever Lodge features an indoor heated pool, game room, saunas and exercise room. Enjoy the full service Bluestone Dining Room or lighter fare and specialty coffees of the Canyon Rim Cafe. The secluded Mountain Creek Lodge can be reached only by a 3,600 foot aerial tramway that crosses the Bluestone River before delivering guests to the lodge. Each room features a balcony overlooking the river. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem