“If you liked the movie go see”
Review of Mothman Museum

Mothman Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mothman Musuem is open everyday (7 days a week) 12:00 Noon to 5:00 PM
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stopped in on the way to Ohio. Had seen the movie and thought it would be fun to visit. It is small and has props from the movie, and a lot of news articles. They have a TV in the backroom showing a show about the Mothman and the Bridge falling. There is also a statue just down the street and some cutouts at a store on the corner for taking pictures. It was good fun.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Not really sure what we expected, but there wasn't much in the way of actual exhibits. It is mostly newspaper clippings, and a few things from the movie - also a lot on UFOs.

On the other hand, the guy behind the counter was really nice.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

It was interesting, but I'm glad we had other things to do and see in Point Pleasant because it was pretty much all old news clippings and movie memorabilia... Not as much, you know, evidence as I might like.
Plus, the man at the counter decided to talk to us about some conspiracy theories and medical misinformation (what your doctors don't want you to know! naturalistic fallacy! leeching! toxins! chemicals!), and I had to bite my tongue a lot. I tried to give him a scientific perspective, but I didn't want to fight...

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have to be honest and review the Mothman Museum as a museum, as that is what they are advertised to be.

Had some extra time from a business trip and decided to visit Point Pleasant and see the Mothman statue and visit the museum. I had never actually seem photos of the museum, but decided to visit anyways. Expecting to see a museum like atmosphere I was disappointed. You walk inside and pay the $3 or so and walk between the racks with shirts and the counter with other knickknacks you can buy. Honestly all that the museum is, is some tables covered with table cloths and just collections of newspaper clippings and movie props from the movie made on the Mothman. Walk down the one side and back the on other side and you're done. Spent all but 5 minutes walking down and looking at clipping after clipping after clipping, with a few props here and there. There is a room in the back with an older Tv (with issues) that has a documentary playing. Shirts and other items you can buy hanging on the walls in that room.

I would not call this place a museum, more along the lines of things you would see at a visitor center. The guy at the counter was friendly, once he got off the phone.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Upon first stepping into the Mothman Museum, I realized the photos online don't do it justice. It's much larger, and has more, than appears in photos. The collection of authentic items is impressive - from John Keel's typed letters to the handwritten police statements of the Scarberry's. The headlines and Fate magazine articles add to an overwhelming amount of information. I had to walk the exhibit very slowly to catch everything. Our store attendant that day, Jeremy, was particularly helpful and brought a friendly atmosphere to the place. He happily gave us directions to the TNT site to explore on own. I smirked at catching a Keel quote from a local newspaper article that "they should open a Mothman museum or something." This should be posted in big letters above the entrance. Great place and highly recommended.