“Not even worth booking.”
Review of The Lowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant
The Lowe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Point Pleasant this past Sunday. We are from Ashland, Ky and since Point Pleasant is about an hour away from us we decided to tour all the mothman history that is close by. We have never heard of the Lowe hotel before visitng Point Pleasant. When we first arrived to Point Pleasant we walked around the town for a while and did some sightseeing. We passed the Lowe hotel a few times and each time talking about how mysterious it looked. We are both into ghost and spooky things and we both made comments about how we thought it looked like a perfect place for ghosts! Before leaving Point Pleasant we decided to check our iPhones to see if the Lowe hotel had a website to see if people could actually book a night there. We learned that the Lowe hotel is still an active hotel and you can stay there. We decided to go back to the hotel and see if it was open so we could reserve a room to stay in sometime in late September. When we walked into the hotel we were greeted with a very rude "is there something I can help you with?" attitude coming from a woman who looked annoyed that we even walked in the door. There was an older man and an older woman working the hotel and im pretty sure they were the owners. They were honestly the rudest people I think I have ever encountered. All we wanted to do was see if we could reserve a night and what the rates would be. I felt like she pushed us out the door and rushed us on our way. I have never stayed at the Lowe hotel, but if that's the kind of service you get from just being interested in staying there.. I couldn't imagine how bad the service would be if you actually DID stay a night there. Before we left we asked if we could walk around and admire some of the historic hotel because it seemed very cool and the woman simply said " You can tour the hotel WHEN YOU PAY TO STAY A NIGHT." Disgusted with the woman's attitude we left and as we were leaving I told my boyfriend "We are NOT staying here..." The hotel is very pretty on the inside but I guarantee it's not worth having to deal with such rude and sobbish people.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Brooke F

Reviewed 18 July 2011

'The Lowe' is a great hotel, incredibly nostalgic & certainly hearkens back to the era when 'Mothman' soared in the skies over Point Pleasant. Though a few of the rooms could certainly have been maintained a little better over the years, it's certainly an overall great location for anyone passing through/visiting Point Pleasant. Rush Finley is a great guy, though his wife could certainly use some lesson's in how to treat people nicely, though she's certainly not worth letting you be deterred from experiencing this great hotel. From the allegations of ghosts roaming the halls, to the perfect location for those interested in 'Mothman'/UFO/MIB lore....it's hard to beat.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DasUnsterblich
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My boyfriends family lives on the outskirts of Point Pleasant and after staying with them on there farm the first few visits we had decided that we (Him, myself, and my younger sister) would get a room this time for better sleeping arrangements. After crossing the infamous "silver Bridge" into Ohio we attempted to stay at a number of more modern hotels such as the Super 8 and and Holiday Inn but quickly discovered that no one was willing to accept Cash! (I know, CRAZY) and sense we didnt have a credit card my boyfriends brother suggested the Lowe in the town of Point Pleasant... after seeing the MOTHMAN statue for the first time we were there! Now, when one first walks in at 2am all your thinking is "find me somewhere to sleep" but you will quickly be caught up in the historic setting of the place! the Decor was FABULOUS... so old world and antique... The owner I personally met (an older man) was a true Gentleman and I believe actually lives at the hotel, he was willing to help us in any way he could! After realizing there are only a handful of guest at a time on a good business day for this family owned business I saw no harm in him Locking the main doors at night., after all the Hotel doubles as his home.. In the Morning I also realized his Grandson was also wondering around the hotel, so Locking up was just fine. While in our room we noticed a few things that one could chalk up to paranormal, a constant tap on the radiator, a loud POP of the inner television, and a constant creek in the door even after it had stopped moving.. but this had to have been one of my favorite overnight stays away from home! and we will be re-visiting the Lowe again very soon.. I hope to see all the banquet rooms and parlors on my next visit.. It was a true "down home family based" hotel <3

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank red_haze972
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We first saw this hotel featured on a Sci-Fi program about the mothman. It seems as if the crew filming that production stayed in the hotel, and at least one crew member had an experience so unsettling, he grabbed his stuff and high-tailed it across the river to stay at the Days Inn. My mother and I, being avid amateur ghost hunters, knew we must get down to Point Pleasant at once!
Since then, this has become a biannual tradition in our family. Each Halloween (and sometime in the spring) we gather up family and friends to stay in the ultra cheap and spacious rooms on the 3rd floor. We roll in typically while it is still daylight and hang out for a few hours until it is time to go to dinner. We used to go to Bennigan's, but since it has closed, we have been delighted to discover other fare, such as the steakhouse. After dinner, we check out the nightlife in downtown Pt. Pleasant. The people are friendly!
Once well-hydrated, we stumble back to our rooms and settle into our beds and lay giggling like it's camp. So fun!

• Stayed: March 2010
3  Thank jenniferroach
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We didn't have an issue with the hotel itself...it is very nice. The staff is the problem. I couldn't get any clean towels for almost two days because the housekeeper isn't there all the time. You try to find someone to ask a question to and no one is there. We watched guests trying to check in and they kept hitting the bell and calling on the service phone and NO ONE answered. Then we tried to go ghost hunting and leave the hotel after midnight and found we were locked in. Well, we made the owner give us a key to get back in. They don't care about people, that's for sure. Not friendly, and when their children are there if you speak to them it seems to rub the adults the wrong way. They don't allow pets but yet there is hardly any shade around so you have to keep moving the car around. My suggestion is that if you want to take pics of the hotel inside I read at the desk they offer a tour. Keep your money and get a room somewhere else. Or if you do stay, bring some climbing equipment to repel down the outside of the building after 11 PM, bring your own towels, soap, and shampoo, and bring your own food. Then you're all set.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ShawneeSunset
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I loved staying at The Lowe Hotel! Even though I did not have an encounter with a ghost, I still had fun talking to the owner and learning about all the ghost stories. Just knowing it was haunted made it sort of erie! I would recommend this to anyone who likes haunted things. If you can't stand erie feelings then I wouldnt recommend it.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank emhob4
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My first thought entering The Historic Lowe Hotel - Twilight Zone! Had business in nearby Pomeroy, Ohio. I was looking for somewhere different to stay when I stumbled upon the reviews of The Lowe Hotel. I have to admit after reading all the "haunting" articles and arriving at 10:30 p.m. and having to walk down two LONG hallways with no one around was a little creepy, but after that initial hesitancy my stay was fantastic. The owners make you feel very welcome and will take care of any need you may have! There is a little lounge/pub in the hotel for a cold one that also has a few slot machines for those who want to try their luck! Be sure to pack a hair dryer and an alarm clock. You'll have to go downstairs to get a pitcher of ice if you have no refrigerator in your room. I had a room with a window overlooking the Ohio River - great sunsets!!! You pretty much have free reign to roam the whole hotel so be sure to check it out! Lots of history in them walls!!! I will be going back to that area for business and will definately stay here again BUT if you're easily creeped out, maybe not a good choice for you! Safe travels!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Quality Inn Gallipolis
#4 of 7 in Gallipolis
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ripley
Super 8 Gallipolis PT Pleasant Area

Been to The Lowe Hotel? Share your experiences!