“Good place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Little Suamico, Wisconsin
“Good place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

The room was very modern, it was nice, and the kids liked the room. The only issue that we had was that there was a strip club right behind it. It did not seem to be an issue though. It was nice and quiet. The breakfast was alright, the only issue was that the waffles were of the frozen variety. Other than that it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank tankerswife10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

My girlfriend and I were travelling to Charlotte, NC from PA and Princeton was a perfect place to stop for the night. We made our reservations on Hotwire.com so we didn't have a choice of room. When we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. I'm not sure how new this place is, but it has a modern decor in lobby and in the rooms. Our room had a micro fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. There is coffee but no tea. This isn't a place you'd want to stay for too long b/c the rooms are very small. Two in a room is the max to be comfortable. Each room also has wifi and a internet cable connection. Our room also had a flatscreen.

Breakfast was "eh". Cereal, muffins, bagels, waffles, apples, danishes. If you have a gluten allergy, then the only thing you could have would be an apple.

Our room key had an applebee's ad on it for 10% off at the restaurant. We took them up on the offer. Applebee's is open until 12 am Sun. -Thurs.

Overall, I highly recommend microtel inn and suites!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScooterBabs
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

This was our first time staying in a Microtel. We selected it for location and guest accomodation and were pleasantly surprised. Price was reasonable and the rooms, although smaller than we are used to, were very nice and clean. There was a microwave and refrigerator in room. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Nice window seat for reading. Air conditioning worked wonderfully and not too noisy. Plenty of nearby restaurants to choose from for dining. Breakfast left a little to be desired as did the view, but we ate at nearby Bob Evan's and weren't there for the view anyhow.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank OhioWendy
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

This hotel was emaculate. From the outside to the inside. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The rooms were equipped with everything you need. From iron to iron board. Coffe pot and cofee. To Wi-FI to cable. The beds were so comfortable. Indeed you would get an good night rest. The continental breakfast was also convinet as the location were you can go out to eat or load up on gas or if you forgot something at home they also had stores where you can pick things up. There was also some atrractions to view. The only problem I had was at checkout timewhen I asked the desk clerk was my triple A used and she did not seem to act like she did not have any knowledge if it was used or not. They should be able to look up your info and see if they used it or not. Overall, My family had an wonderful stay and I did not have to worry about my children walking on the carpet or being safe like at the Econo lodge in Bluefield. The price was reasonable and personally I think you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank customer17
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I did not have high expectations for this hotel. I booked the room through Priceline which is always a gamble, and I had never heard of this chain. However, when I checked in, the front desk clerk was pleasant and helpful. The room was small (which this chain is known for, apparently), which I actually liked. I HATE paying $100+ for a huge room that I'm just going to sleep in for 6-8 hours and then leave. That's a lotta $$ to sleep! If I was on vacation or traveling with family I might want more room, but as a business traveler that just needs to get off the road for a few hours I appreciate that this was a clean, basic room with a bed, all I wanted or needed.

I do have an issue with the bathroom. The tub had hair in it. Such a simple thing to clean, but obviously not done. I'm not going to bash the whole stay because of it, though. The rest of the room was fine, and I loved the window seat! The TV was nice, the A/C worked great, and the bed was COMFY!!! If I'd come in my truck I might have taken the mattress home with me!

The breakfast was light but sufficient. Yogurt cups, pastries, mini-muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice and milk. Some fruit would have been nice. The breakfast room was clean and organized.

I was apprehensive about the strip club next door (!!!)....but it turned out to be a non-issue. Traffic was not a problem and I never heard any noise from it all night. In fact, I never heard any noise from inside the hotel either. I was on the third floor and it was QUIET. Hotel had quite a few guests, too, but not a peep! Maybe I was just so tired and the bed was so comfy that I slept so good so I never heard anything.........but I doubt it. My number one complaint about hotels in general is noise, be it from other rooms, or hallway noise. I'm very sensitive to it, so I think I would have heard noise if there had been any.

I did not get a room with a fridge/microwave. I don't know if this is because it was a Priceline room or if they were just sold out when I checked in late (this is what I was told, anyway).

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel and I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Call ahead to request a room with fridge/microwave if you need it.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharon E
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Our expectations were not high, but we thought this hotel was fairly new and so would at least be clean and properly furnished. Our carpet was filthy, and our towels were thin and stained. The bed was comfortable enough, but I chose not to inspect it too closely. We had several family members staying here for our family reunion, and none of them ever want to go back to this hotel! One cousin found her room still not cleaned even though she was allowed to check in, and the manager made the desk clerk go clean the room for them! My sister's room didn't have the advertised refrigerator, so the desk clerk opened an unoccupied room and allowed my brother-in-law to take the refrigerator from there to his room. Needless to say, several more similar stories, but bottom line is that we will stay elsewhere next year!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Nice facility, lacking on basic necessities. Three of us stayed here one night. We were provided with one set of towels and had to visit the front desk for more. We were told they may not have any clean, and we might have to wait! The sleeper sofa mattress was a disaster! Very dirty and no linens provided in the room. The night manager was kind enough to bring us a set and two mattress pads to cover up the filth. With staff retraining and better housekeeping, this could be a nice place to stay. Breakfast was good, and the dining area was clean

Room Tip: Book one week in advance for a discount.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tattyplatypus, Franchisor- Director of Operations at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
I appreciate your comments and am working with the hotel to improve the guest experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us and please know that the owner of the hotel has made some personnel changes to address the issues that you mentioned. He is also committed to providing the best possible experience, including replacement of worn/damaged furniture or equipment. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and I do sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to showcase our improvements to you on a return visit.