“A Must Stay Here”

Hampton Inn Princeton
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The hotel presentation was very professional, clean, and modern. Loved the breakfast area and food--very healthy. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting that area. My family had a ball playing various games in the hospitality room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Princeton

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stay at Hampton Inns almost weekly, and this was the best. Beautiful decor for a midrange hotel and the staff was great. How often do you see them polishing the garbage cans in the lobby?! Location was perfect. Close to everything, but far enough off interstate such that there was no noise.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Room was satisfactory, breakfast food was dry and just not very tasty, NO refrigerator! For a stay at over $100 a night, save yourself the extra cash and stay at a mediocre hotel. This one is just not worth the extra money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Unlike a few of the other reviews, I had a quiet, comfortable stay here in a very clean, nicely appointed room. I was even on the I77 side of the hotel and I simply kept the fan on and noise was not an issue. The bed was comfortable, the work area was nicely sized and I appreciated all the places to charge phones, devices, etc. There are several restaurants just a few steps away and access to and from the highway was very simple. Breakfast was standard fare but it was fresh and hot and the breakfast room was large and inviting with a huge fireplace and a roaring fire. I didn't use the pool but it looked like a good break opportunity if you were traveling with kids, and the fresh cookies at night and 24 hour coffee bar was very welcoming.

Room Tip: I was in 513, and it was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

As Hamptons go, this one is getting a little tired and is not a good value.

Room did not have a microwave or fridge, and rooms are not sound-proofed as well as they could be. Noises from the hallway were easily heard from the bed. Hotel is too close to the freeway for my taste.

Breakfast was very good--about the only reason I would consider staying here again.

For the money, I think you can find a better play to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Hamptons are our first choice whenever we have to stop for a hotel. We only look elsewhere when a Hampton is full or not available. We called ahead with no problem. The girl was very polite, gave us a good rate and we would see them later in the evening. We were driving home from Florida. There are plenty of restaurants close by. Only problem is it is too close to I-77. It is not quiet at all. I wish I would have gone down and asked for a room on the other side away from the highway. Our heater "pinged" all night long. The hotel is clean, staff are very polite, but we put an X by this one in our Hampton book, to not stay again. We heard everytime a door slammed, people in hallways. It is too bad as the rooms are very nice and it is a very clean hotel. But if you want sleep....sorry would not stay here.

Room Tip: Definitely if you stay here, so not stay on the side facing I-77.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Hampton inns always make us happy. Clean, comfortable and a perfect breaky before you hit the road again. We didn't realize the rooms had two doubles not queens. It was a little tight for a family of four.

Room Tip: watch bed size
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family