Hampton Inn Princeton
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewswithin walking distancepopcorn machinetexas roadhousecracker barrelwinterplace ski resortroom was cleanwest virginiano exceptionbreakfast staffparking lotcomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areaeasy accessvery nice hotelshort drivefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We arrived three hours early and, as Honors Club Members, the front desk cheerfully took the time to check for any units that might be ready for occupancy. Fortunately, a room was located and we were able to settle in without having to wait for until the 3:00 PM check-in time. If we would have had to wait, I would have understood. Certainly not the hotel's fault that we were running ahead of schedule. The early check-in made it possible for my grandson and I to spend some extra time in the pool, which was clean and comfortably heated. There were also plenty of towels on hand. Our room was clean, however, it seemed to me like a piece of furniture, a dresser perhaps, was missing? Drawer space was very limited. We enjoyed the popcorn snack that was provided in the evening and breakfast was just as enjoyable. Being located right next to the interstate highway, we did notice some traffic noise. However, not enough to keep us awake. We will be staying here again on our return trip north after a week of fun in Myrtle Beach. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Hampton at Princeton is a great alternative to the nearby Beckley hotels. We usually stop at Beckley on our way to a southern vacation but the reviews on some of the Beckley hotels left us searching for an alternative. Princeton Wv seemed to be a logical alternative; 30 miles further down route 77. This Hampton unlike its alternative in Beckley (cockroach city) is clean and just what you would expect from this chain; modern rooms, friendly service at a reasonable price. It is a better value than over priced Beckley.

Room Tip: The Texas Steak House is located right out your front door and it serves good food.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We have been Honors Clients of Hilton for over 15 years. We have had a bad visit - and invariably we have a pleasant stay. We stay at Hampton or Garden Inn usually. Recently we spent 5 delightful days/nights at Hillton-Waikiki Beach, Hawaii - Service and Accomodation there were excellent as well ..Thank you Hilton--Nice to cee tefurbishing being done before the old gets too worn!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you are looking for a quiet place, this is probably not it. However, the room was wonderful, the bed comfortable and we had the much needed rest on our 2-day trip. My only complaint is that they offer 24 hour coffee(which I love) but when we went to get some at 8:00, the coffee was lukewarm. I mentioned it to the service staff at the desk and they pretty much blew me off. Quite disappointing to see bad attitudes in a service industry.

We had a good night of rest and the morning breakfast was great.

My husband talked to the manager about our treatment the previous evening and she was very apologetic.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The reservationist was courteous, helpful and prompt. My checkin was easy and
my room (king, non-smoking) was exactly what I requested. It was conviently located near the highway so it was easy to get to. All and all, it is a good hotel experience.

• Stayed: December 2013