Hampton Inn Princeton
US$69
Turnpike Motel(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotels.com
All reviewswithin walking distancepopcorn machinetexas roadhousecracker barrelwinterplace ski resortroom was cleanwest virginiano exceptionbreakfast staffparking lotcomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areaeasy accessvery nice hotelshort drivefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Needed a place to sleep coming from Birmingham,AL and I drove t Hamptom Inn in WV.I always like to stay at Hamptom Inn as they are Clean,safe and our close to Interstate and Toll roads...easy on and easy off.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 March 2014

On our way from Columbus, OH to NC we had the unfortunate luck of running into ice and blizzard like conditions in March on the winding mountain road of Rt. 77 in WV. We tried to stop and stay in Beckley (we now understand that the Hampton there is often full) so we went on to Princeton. We were thankful to have a room for the night! We do, however, want you to know of our experience there. I can only speak of room 218. It was clean. The room faced the drive up to the hotel, and that was noisy. It was near the elevator, which was noisy. The door to the hall did not fit tightly, and that was noisy. The water was scalding hot, or freeIng cold. Take your pick. The bed, as usual was heavenly, breakfast was very good. The management was very accommodating about the shower, which was nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 218 if you can help it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stopped here for the night when returning home from Florida. The Lady that checked me in was extremely nice. I wish I had received my Trip Advisor pins prior to this trip because I would definitely have given her one!!!! The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. My room was on the first floor and quiet. The breakfast was good and there were several choices.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I see someone complained about the noise on the first floor. I did not experience this.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was an ok and convenient place for a stopover, but I'm not sure we would stay here again. Every word spoken in the corridors could be clearly heard in our room - woke me up several times. Room and beds were comfortable, however there were not enough towels provided (one each) and these towels were far from big and fluffy. A lot of hotels make this error - is it so difficult to provide enough decent towels? On the other hand, the neutrogena bath products were appreciated!

Breakfast was alright although the eggs were a big strange - clearly not freshly prepared. Within walking distance there are a couple of decent restaurants - we went to the Texas Steakhouse and enjoyed our meal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

First, this hotel is located just off the interstate in a nice location to walk to a couple of restaurants if that is important. Logans just across parking lot. A Wendys is also nearby along with some other places. Parking lot was packed for our stay. I think the hotel was totally sold out for our weekend night. I think this is possibly a stop off location for folks traveling through the area--especially if heading north into WV.

Rooms are a little smaller than some Hamptons. They are also configured a little different. The desk and closet was on the exterior wall. Doesn't change too much but it is different. No real issues. Room was clean. Service was good. they had popcorn in the lobby upon arrival.

Downstairs area was nice. Plenty of space to sit and mingle or eat your breakfast.

For the area, I think this has to be one of the nicest hotel options.

If you stay at Hamptons on a regular basis, this will meet your needs and expectations. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business