“Very clean, great staff, breakfast was more than expected”

Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Winchester, VA
“Very clean, great staff, breakfast was more than expected”
Reviewed 23 June 2008

We spent 3 nights in the Holiday Inn Express. This was not my first choice but I'm very thankful we ended up there. The rooms were large and clean, beds were comfortable, staff was helpful, breakfast was more than we expected. The hotel has a pool, workout facilities, and hottub. Each room had a microwave and refrigerator.

We were traveling with our 14 & 15 year old daughters. They enjoyed their stay as much as we did. We will definately stay here again.

• Liked — Well kept
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wasaga Beach
Reviewed 3 May 2008

Travelling north with our cat. Hotel was clean and staff helpful. We had booked on their 800 number, and the people there did not know about hotel policies (e.g. pets only on third floor). We had to pay an extra $22. for the cat, who really couldn't afford it.
Room was quite clean, some dirt in the grout by the tub, which shouldn't have been there.
We were given a room at the front of the building, which was quite noisy due to road traffic. Ask for a room at the back of the building.
All things considered, we would stay there again.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Wasaga705
Tallmadge, Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Comfortable stay. Some finish details missing ( like moulding around the bed and other moulding cracked). Ice machine on first floor out of order. Breakfast was ok. Morning staff at breakfast not all that helpful or engaging. Easy on off the highway.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Minor missing details (broken moulding and ice machine)
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
Clyde, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 September 2007

We rode our motorcycles to the area from NC so we can color Va and Wv on our ride map.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. After being assigned a room, we asked about parking and the Front Desk Clerk informed us that our bikes would be more secure parked out front as there is a security camera in that area. She then offered (without being asked) to switch us to a room where we could keep an eye on our bikes.

The room was very clean and the beds were the most comfy beds that I have ever slept on in a hotel.

Breakfast was "continental" style and everything was fresh.

We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again whenever in the area.

• Liked — The beds. They were soooooooo comfy.
  • Disliked — Not sure. :)
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LilBlackSheep
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 12 August 2007

My family stayed here to go skiing at Winterplace in February 2007. Everything seemed fine until that night when my brother got up to use the restroom.

As he was getting out of the bed, he swung his legs over to stand up and struck the back of his calf into a protruding bracket on the bedframe. It hurt, but he thought he was okay. We went to try to ski the next morning and he could not get his ski boot on due to the pain and swelling. He sat and watched the rest of us ski for a few hours. We cut it short and left Winterplace so he would not be bored, thinking that it might be better in the morning. When we got back to the hotel that evening, we made a report on the bedframe and asked to have maintenance fix it, which they did. Apparently maintenance is a big issue there. As luck would have it, the next day, we got stuck on their elevator between floors for about 20 minutes.

The ). She was very dismissive of the whole thing saying she was not going next morning was no better, so he stayed at the hotel while went skiing for a few hours - again cutting it short.

We decided to just cut our losses on the trip and leave a day early because we did not want my brother to just hang out at the hotel bored to death. I was a little upset over it and asked to speak with the manager, Debra Trent, to advise her of what occurred since we never got a call from her about the incident.

She met with my brother and I in the lobby and it was immediately apparent that she was in a hurry and was not happy about being bothered by us. I told her about the injury and the resulting loss of skiing for my brother (tickets / skis had already been rentedto pay for our "fun time tickets". I told her that I was not asking for that, that I felt though that my brothers should be refunded. She said that she would comp a night of our stay and I told her to keep it. She comped it anyway.

She asked why he did not go to the hospital and I responded, "he banged his leg, he didn't break it." She said, "that is what my insurance is for." " he needs to go to the hospital for me to do anything."

I am glad she said that because when we got home, somehow that bang became infected (inside his leg) even though the skin wasn't broken. He eventually had to have it operated on to treat the infection.

My brother gave the hosital the hotels insurance information - as Trent instructed him to do. Weeks later he starts getting medical bills that had not been paid. He finally got in touch with the hotel's agent and he had no knowledge of the incident at all, saying she had never notified them. A couple weeks later, clooections started to call for my brother. He called the agent again and he said that Ms. Trent was not being cooperative with him by sending him the required information. So not only was she uncaring, dismissive and downright rude to us while we were there, she was still holding up the process and causing more problems for my brother months later. After she TOLD him to handle it this way.

Although the rest of the staff there was absolutely GREAT, I certainly would never stay there again with Debra Trent in charge. I work in the hospitality (resort) industry in Myrtle Beach and she wouldn't last here a month with her lack of professionalism and terrible attitude.

Spend your hard earned money where the management carse about their guests. In this instance, it wasn't the case.

• Liked — The staff other than the manager.
  • Disliked — The general manager.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank excalibur1
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 19 July 2007

This hotel was great! We stopped here on our way to Tennessee, and it was a great place to stop. The town is small, but there are a few other hotels and a few eating places. This hotel definitely looked the nicest. The hotel seems fairly new. It is very clean, the front desk is nice, and it was a smoke free facility. We had such a great night, we decided to stay here again on the way back from Tennessee!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lucy916
Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2007

My family and I stayed at this hotel on June 30, 2007. We had booked our stay on-line a few months earlier. We were lucky that we had reservations, because the hotel was completely booked for the evening. Hotel staff told us that many of the hotels in Princeton frequently book up in advance. The lobby was clean and in good repair. Our room and bathroon were clean, but showing some wear. The size was adequate for a family of 4. The room had a small refrigerator, and a coffee pot. The continental breakfast was fine, and had many food/beverage choices. My father had a room with a king size bed, and his room was huge. The only drawback that we experienced had to do with pets being allowed in the hotel. The people staying in the room next to my dad had a dog with them (which is allowed by hotel policy), the dog barked like crazy when they left it alone in the room. We would stay at this hotel again. If you want to stay there, or anywhere in Princeton, make reservations early.

• Liked — Convenient location near I-77. Many restaurants near by. Continental breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family