“very good value”

Holiday Inn Express Charles Town
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ranson
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We like to stay where there is a breakfast served. This had an excellent buffet with several items to chose from. Great coffee. Room was spacious (large enough for a baby's bed to be set up or play area for little ones), clean; comfortable bed and linens. Bathroom clean, well stocked. Easy access. Close to casino and restaurants. Not far from lots of outdoor activities and Harper's Ferry. Free Wi-Fi. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Charles Town

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one had a few flaws. When I arrived in my room a lamp was not working and the clock was flashing. I called the front desk and the front desk clerk came quickly to check the lamp. I am not sure of the problem because I was checking the other two lamps. She got it to work and reset the clock. The first night I heard alot of highway noise. In this hotel there was not alot of difference in the soft and firm pillows--both seemed soft. Food on the Express Start Breakfast was good. One morning the pancake maker was not working well and my pancake was spongy. At checkout the clerk did not process customers in the order of arrival. I have seen others write good reviews for this hotel but I was disappointed in it.

Room Tip: My room was located on the second floor overlooking the pool. I looked out the window and could see...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charles Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Barbara207,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is good to know our hotel staff was able to assist you with your needs. However, I apologize if your stay was negatively affected by the room amenities, condition of pillows and breakfast items received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to better serve your needs in the near future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms were very clean, the free breakfast was great, the free Wi-Fi was convenient, and swimming in the the pool was a nice way to end the day. Oh yeah, the afternoon cookies were a nice treat for our kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while my husband was traveling for business. The room was very large, the breakfast was great (included). The breakfast area workers are so friendly and helpful.

There is a nice pool which is kept clean.

No restaurant in the hotel buts lots within a short drive.

The only negative is the housekeeping staff were not as attentive as they could be. Although our room was clean when we arrived, the daily cleaning wasn't thorough. Crumbs remained on the floor and the tables/ desk were not wiped down.
Even worse was when someone clearly dropped cookies or crackers in the main hallway and the crumbs were dispersed by people walking. These crumbs remained in the hallway for 5 days ( and were still there when we left). There was no way to miss this mess.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We decided to go overnight to Charles Town since we're only about 50 miles away. Unfortunately the casino hotel only had rooms for $400 which we didn't want to do so we booked at the Holiday Inn Express. It's a nice hotel, no frills but it's clean and the staff is nice. They have a shuttle which will run you over to the casino and we never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a ride.

They do have a free breakfast buffet which is ok but I did see an IHOP very close by as well. This is the first time I've ever seen a machine that makes pancakes for you. I didn't try them as we were in a hurry to head out.

As far as noise, I woke up a few times hearing people coming in late but it wasn't too big of a deal.

All in all hotel is clean and reasonably priced and parking is free which is nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E_M2007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charles Town, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear E_M2007,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Did a quick stop in Charles Town WV on our way to DC last weekend. The staff was very nice, room was clean, shuttle was prompt! We have stayed before, and we would stay here again if in the area. The breakfast had a nice selection of hot and cold items.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed at the Holiday inn Express Charles Town on July 5, 2013 and had a great stay. We checked in and immediately went to the lobby to catch a shuttle to the casino. It was less than a 5 minute ride, and we were dropped off right at the main doors to the casino. The return trip was just as easy. The shuttle ran every 10 minutes or so, and I believe it runs 24 hours a day - very organized.The hotel appears to be very new, and for the price, we were very pleased. We could see the workout track from our window. I would definitely return to this hotel. It was clean, new and quiet. The staff was very courteous and informative.

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing the practice track and be sure to bring your binoculars.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Viki613
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ranson
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charles Town? Share your experiences!